German Shepherds Forum banner

Funniest things said about your dog

134K views 293 replies 233 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
Wife walks out of the bedroom and looks at me all serious like,

"The fuzzigator just had another whizzident"

Reactions: Tr@ce
#6 ·
We call Macy "the potato with legs", my niece calls her a Manatee.

Some people ask me if my Harlequin Great Dane is "a really big Dalmatian". LOL

#8 ·
"Is he a chihuahua mix? I can totally see some chihuahua in him. I think its his ears...."

#240 ·
Hahaha! Some people's minds...I had a similar situation:

Store employee (regarding my 5 month old GSD pup): Are you sure he's 100% German Shepherd? Looks like a dachsund/shepherd mix to me...

Me: Are you sure you're 100% moron? I mean, you might be 110%, you know...

(No, I didn't say that last bit. Just thought about it.)

#9 ·
Hubby, to Keefer: "You're like Fabio! You're the Fabio of dogs."

Hubby to Halo after seeing one of the Allstate Mayhem commercials on TV: "You're Mayhem, that's what we should have named you."

#11 ·
On one of our recent walks a lady approaches and says: "Oh, your puppies are so cute. Wow, his color is so much different than his (pointing out Bentley's sable vs Diesel's solid black coloring) what did you do, dye this one's hair?" (referring to Diesel)

-smacks forehead-

#13 ·
Is that a wolf mix?
Or, when Alice was six months old we'd get:
"She's so skinny...you don't feed her enough!"
My answers started to be, "Yep" and "Feed????"

(She was growing in that weird stage, ears one week, next week the legs, then the tail.)

#16 ·
Lmao looks like a sandwich...

Isn't it funny how people think the dumbest things about what we do to our dogs? Like we'd actually dye their hair?! My old housekeeper, Connie, once remarked about my collie, "Wow you really spoil him, you've even been crimping his hair all these years..." I was like, "Connie, we don't crimp his hair, that's how it is naturally around his ears! Omg!" I mean come on, WHY would I purposely crimp my dog's ear hair? Seriously, woman?

#18 ·
My hubby calls Leyna a wombat and a pigbearbat. I just call her the brat. :)
Some lady at Home Depot swore up and down she was a GSD/lab mix because she had one that "looked just like her!".

#21 ·
My favorite line came recently from my husband......

One of the dogs coughed, then coughed again right after. Hubby suddenly stopped what he was doing, looked up and said, "THAT sounds expensive!".

#22 ·
Hubby hung up a fancy birdfeeder in our yard. Hondo has learned to check the ground around it for bird seed. Hubby calls me from the house to see the new bird at the feeder. "Look hon, we've got a Doo-Doo Bird!"

#24 ·
After one of our 10 month old Shepherds broke off the bottom of a privacy fence board and crawled into the neighbors yard my police officer son-in-law said, "If she were a 14 year old girl she would be in YDC (Youth Detention Center) by now."

#29 ·
Jake is loved and feared in our neighborhood. Old man up the street loves him. Reminds him of the dog he had when in Korea. Every time he sees Jake, calls him Captain.
Local beat cop calls us the neighborhood watch K9 unit.

Not all is so favorable. Neighbors overheard calling him a bear. Local school kids call our house the place with "that scary beastdog". Old woman chastised us for owning a "newfangled wolf-thing". Also, when I take Jake for a walk, it NEVER fails that people of a certain ethnic background drop whatever they are doing and go in their home the second they see him. Group was out drinking beer on their front porch, we walk nearby. "yo, police dog!" then they all went inside. Oddest thing ever.

#54 ·
Jake is loved and feared in our neighborhood. Old man up the street loves him. Reminds him of the dog he had when in Korea. Every time he sees Jake, calls him Captain.
Local beat cop calls us the neighborhood watch K9 unit.

Not all is so favorable. Neighbors overheard calling him a bear. Local school kids call our house the place with "that scary beastdog". Old woman chastised us for owning a "newfangled wolf-thing". Also, when I take Jake for a walk, it NEVER fails that people of a certain ethnic background drop whatever they are doing and go in their home the second they see him. Group was out drinking beer on their front porch, we walk nearby. "yo, police dog!" then they all went inside. Oddest thing ever.

Too funny...police dog:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.