German Shepherds Forum banner

Funniest things said about your dog

134K views 293 replies 233 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
Wife walks out of the bedroom and looks at me all serious like,

"The fuzzigator just had another whizzident"

Reactions: Tr@ce
#123 ·
Just the other day as Riggs and I were returning from a long walk and playtime in the park, my neighbor stopped me to inform me that I really need to pour some cement in the backyard and build him a kennel "so he gets enough exercise." I nearly started laughing right in his face but managed to politely say, "Oh, I think our daily walks and the hours of playing will do just fine for him," and walk away.

This is the same neighbor that constantly tells me Riggs is too skinny, (He owns a lab who is about 10-15 lbs overweight) and that we must immediately get a harness so he doesn't pull out of his collar (mind you, Riggs' leash manners are excellent-especially for a 4-month old-and I've never seen him attempt to wriggle out of his collar). I always just chuckle and say "Oh, okay...thanks."

#124 ·
"That's the biggest Shepherd puppy I've seen!" or "She's a huge puppy, she'll grow big!"... She's 2 years old and 36 pounds and a mix breed. :rofl:

#126 ·
I don't know what 'ethnic group' is being referred to & I suspect I don't want to know. I live in an urban neighborhood populated by all races, ethnic groups & ages. Friends & family encompass numerous ethnic groups & races. Dog lovers, trainers, benefactors & rescuers are found among all ethnic groups & ages. It's very disappointing to see such comments on this site.

#128 ·
Not a GSD comment, but when we had our Chow mix, a lot of people in our neighborhood thought she was a wolf. Then when we added a Husky, we got called "the house with two wolves" a lot. Since it was a 'rough' neighborhood, I just let them think that, and felt nice and safe walking around with them. Not that either of the dogs would bite, or even bark much.

So far nothing too funny has been said about Koshka, about the closest is that some folks think he's a mix because he's floofy.

#129 ·
I've got a dark sable and blk/tan males, there was 2 boys about 5-6 y/o walking down the street when I was changing my oil one day. They didn't realize that I was out there but I heard the one say to the other "pay attention we're going by the house with the wolf and the police dog"

I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't read this whole thread but its seems like a lot of people have similar experiences with their sables.

Do people not realize that there is more that one color of GSD?:wild:

#130 ·
"Fat bottomed Demon," - my mother lololol.

reasoning: for a puppy, he has a bigger appetite than my adult bichon. when we're cooking food, he wakes up out of his deep sleep just to hop around for food.

#137 ·
It's not so much something said than done but once Bogo was admired by a mother and her child and he was fully aware they were making a fuss and saying how beautiful he was and how siny his furr was..So I told them its ok to take a picture when they asked, and when he saw they camera he instantly rolled on his back and looked straight at it with a big goofy grin on his face.
My boy is too cheeky! ;-)

#138 ·
I was walking my GSD and my mother's collie the other night and a group of kids asked if they could pet the dogs. One kid asked where I got the dogs and I told them that the collie was my mother's and she had gotten her from a breeder who raises collies and that I had gotten my dog from a rescue. The little girl said, "Oh, so if I was drowning or something your dog could rescue me?!" She was so excited.

#139 · (Edited)
I get the "police dog" and "wolf dog" a TON with Felix!

The comment we hear the most though is "look at those feet!"

The comment I hear the most when I have him on my own is "Wow! How do you handle him?" (I'm 5' and 125. Felix is 39" long--excluding tail and head--and 29" at the whithers 88.2 #'s) To which I reply "He knows better then to bow up on the one who feeds him"

#143 ·
These were awesome to read!!!

Mine is from my 5 year old son. While reading red riding hood to him as we read the part of what big eyes, what big teeth etc, he gasps and says "daddy, is Hero a big bad wolf? i thought he was a german shepherd!!" LMFAO this was then followed the next day by him wanting his baby sister to be little red riding hood for haloween!

#145 ·
Aside from lots of wolf and coyote, she's not a purebred GS because she's a sable comments, I get the "is that a mini shepherd?" by a person I met while walking my dog. As in mini schnauzer, small poodle like a breed. I said no, she is just small and she was around 6 months. She is almost 60lbs now at 11 months, fitting nicely within the breed standard.

I heard the "oh, that dog is small!" from other GS owners frequently too. I just tell people she is fun sized rather than telling them their dogs are super sized. =)

#146 ·
A woman thought that Ava was part Rhodesian Ridgeback because she met one the other day and it was trim and in shape like Ava. (Her GSD is a good 20 pounds overweight, so she automatically assumes any dog lighter than him is not a purebred because it doesn't have his build.)

#148 ·
During a walk with Heinz, I stopped to chat with a new neighbor who was out on his front lawn. He asked "Is that a shepherd mix?", and I replied "Well, as far as I know he's a purebred".

"Oh", says neighbor who is staring at my black-and-tan, carbon copy of Rin Tin Tin, "I didn't know they came in that color!"

Young folks these days :rolleyes:

#151 ·
My nephew graduated from high school this spring, so there was a big family gathering. Most of them knew I have a service dog, but none had met Centy yet. I parked my Blazer and got out, Centy moved to a heeling position, and someone asked how I could drive (after all, I had a "Seeing Eye dog").

The son of one of my nieces--cute little guy, just a toddler--walked up and proceeded to stick his hand in Centy's mouth. Someone asked my niece if she was worried by that and she said, "No, he's just a little boy and that is a very big dog." (We did have an impromptu "how to pet a strange dog" class for the kids.)

One of my sisters-in-law is convinced Centy is not a purebred because she is a blanket back, and doesn't have a sloping backline. According to her, I have a "GSD-Rottweiler cross." I can't wait til she meets my sable, Z.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.