Funniest things said about your dog

134K views 293 replies 233 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
Wife walks out of the bedroom and looks at me all serious like,

"The fuzzigator just had another whizzident"

Reactions: Tr@ce
#105 ·
I get that one a lot too...or: "I didn't know they came in black"

Same people that ask what kind of dog my Malinois is, then respond "MalinWhat?" or "Is that like a Malamute?"

I've retrained myself to say: "He's a short coated Belgian herding dog", but even that has failed me, when someone then said "Oh, so he's from Germany?" :headbang:

#96 ·
We were walking downtown with Dolly and Oz, one guy said "Wow that's a big dog", regarding Dolly, I said "Yes", he said "How much does it eat", I said the two eat about 20lbs of food a week. The guy said "Wow, that's the big bag of food, that's like $20 a week", I just smiled and explained I bought 18kg bags of food and they were $75, so like $37 a week.

#99 · (Edited)
Bailey:
Two elderly ladies at dog park talking.. I was right there, but they didn't know Bailey was mine...

Lady #1: "Wow, look at those big ears on that one!"
Lady #2: "Yes! They make them that way now!"

Random small child at Petco: "LOOK MOMMY! It's BOLT!!!!!!!!"

Suri: (Shiba Inu)
Stranger: "Wow, I didn't know you could tame a fox and walk them like a dog!?"
Me: "Um yeah you can! Nah just kidding, she's a dog."

I can't take that dog anywhere without getting the fox comment. Yes, yes I know, she looks like one. :)

#100 ·
Coming out of PetCo a family was coming in holding a ****zu.... They shoved to one side and asked "Why you walking a Coyote?"

I was confused and kept walking.....

#101 ·
a little girl pointed to my dog today and said "look mommy, that's the crazy one"!
The background on this is it's a 5 year old girl whose mom lets her run loose on the greenbelt in our neighborhood. Great supervision. The kid RUNS up to EVERY dog being walked and screams at the top of her lungs "CAN I PET IT?? HUH?? CAN I PET YOUR DOG!!??" This of course makes Shadow go wild, she has a HIGH prey drive, anyway. So yes, my dog is the one going crazy from this wild child trying to pet it!:eek:

#104 ·
I have to say that the funniest thing ever said about my dogs was when my brother said he worried that he might find me eaten by them. They may kill me, by accidental clash of heads, but they would NEVER bite me and certainly never EAT me. That is hilarious.

#106 ·
Kid - 'Is that a German Shepherd.'
Me - 'Yes.'
Kid to his friend - 'He's a puppy.'
Me - 'Nope, he's 4 years old.'
Kid - 'But he's so small. He must be a mix.'
After glancing at 70 pounds of Otis - 'Nope. We know his pedigree.'

#109 ·
I was able to bring my four year old GSD to work over the holidays since there were just a few people assigned to work on our floor. I walk in with my GSD off leash and my workmate just goes 'Oh, so that's why'. When I ask him what he is talking about, he replies 'I thought you were going bald since theres always a ton of hair on your suit when you come to work'.

#110 · (Edited)
People asking me, I know that one is a German Shepherd, (Mikko-Blk&Tan) What breed is the other one, a wolf or coyote(Wiley-Sable)? A lot of people think GS's only come in Blk. & Tan.
:gsdsit:

#113 ·
with my black male I would get "what is that mix?" and now with my dark sable girl, same thing,,when I reply, they don't believe me, now it's "that dog has coyote (or wolf) in her!"..yep and she howls at the moon and turns into a werewolf at midnite:)

#117 ·
I am walking with manfred and walking to a grocery store. A person of the same ethnic group, some one posted about, who move inside the apartments on seeing GSD's, was in a SUV close by.

He asked me what kind of a dog it is, then asked me "You want to sell him?"

I was flabbergasted at the audacity, amused at the imbecility and outraged at the temerity.

But I laughed it off...

Also, for some reason, people of that ethnicity, dont refer to Manfred as a "Puppy" but as a K-9. LOL.

#118 ·
My neighbor who has a GSD / Whippet Mix looking at my 9 week old puppy and telling me he doesn't look like a shepherd. He doesn't have a long enough nose.

#119 ·
When we were going into PetSmart to get a harness, Pat had to carry him inside. Since Pat always holds him upside down like a baby, you could only really see his feet. Someone asked "Ooh is that a bunny?". I think the fluffiness throws them off. :p

#120 ·
Funniest thing someone's ever said about Sophie: "She goes straight for the b@lls!"
Because she does. XD When a guy walks into the room, her nose is in his crotch!

I also used to get "Omg! A K9 unit!" when we lived in an apartment complex in Charleston, SC. And, occasionally, "A military dog!" (All the kids knew about the Navy and Air Force people, since it was a military town.)

#122 ·
Awww we with the black saddle dogs get the cwazy comments too. Ilda is a strongly pigmented blk/brown and I was asked the other day if she's a malinois. That's a first! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

(my response, "Not all GSDs weigh 120 pounds", I knew it was because of her size - 70 pds and dark face the person was wondering)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.