German Shepherds Forum banner

Funniest things said about your dog

134K views 293 replies 233 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
Wife walks out of the bedroom and looks at me all serious like,

"The fuzzigator just had another whizzident"

Reactions: Tr@ce
#65 ·
Our experience yesterday still has me laughing...

We took Diesel to the 4th of July parade. When we were walking back to the car, a teenage girl started gushing over him and begged to pet him. She asked what his name was, and I told her. She looked up from petting him and said, "Like Vin? (the answer is no)" As I started to answer her, she talked right over me, and said, "Oh my gosh, this dog would be THE BEST DOG, like, EVER, if you, you know, shaved him bald and baby oiled him. Then he'd be JUST LIKE Vin Diesel! Oh my gosh!!" I started to laugh, and then realized that she was dead serious and was waiting expectantly for me to agree with her.

I don't remember what I said, but my husband and I awkwardly excused ourselves from the conversation, made it about 25 feet away, and cracked up.

#66 ·
My all-time favorite from a child -- "Aiy, Aiy, Aiy, un perro gigante!". I still giggle over that one. Nice departure from "Que bonito" which is normal.

My not-favorite a week ago walking my Aussie and my GSD pup while the moron was holding his pit by the leash, collar, and chest to keep it from attacking us -- "Looks like you got some nice bully there yourself". Thinking maybe he was blind and had an over-protective guide-pit, I just growled at my dogs "Leave it" and we trotted on. Coming back on the trail I called ahead, "we're back" so he could prepare for us to pass. Again, "Man, that's some nice bully." Not sure if he meant my Aussie, GSD, or ME for that matter but I didn't wish to stop and socialize.

#67 ·
A family member said to me one time, "I know you didn't have any control over this, since you got her as an adult, but I think it's so cruel that they cropped her ears. If you ever get one as a puppy don't do it to the poor pup." To which a replied, "I'm not a huge fan of ear cropping either, but hers weren't cropped. German Shepherd's ears stand up on their own." "The heck (not the word used) you say." He said, and just shook his head and walked off.

I was also taking Sasha on a walk and this little girl, probably...oh 2 or 3...pointed at Sasha and yells, "Look mommy! A police doggy!" I kinda chuckled, trying to imagine Sasha doing any kind of police work.

#68 ·
Me and my hubby plus Charlie, our 3.8 yr old black GSD were having lunch at a pub in Austin, TX (BTW Austin, TX is SUPER pet friendly). Anyway, the pub manager saw him and said, OMG, is his name "Twilight"? ...then he said, I feel he's gonna turn from wolf to man soon....

Me and hubby just had to laugh at this. They couldn't stop petting him and refilling his water plate all the time. :wub:

#87 ·
Me and my hubby plus Charlie, our 3.8 yr old black GSD were having lunch at a pub in Austin, TX (BTW Austin, TX is SUPER pet friendly). Anyway, the pub manager saw him and said, OMG, is his name "Twilight"? ...then he said, I feel he's gonna turn from wolf to man soon....

Me and hubby just had to laugh at this. They couldn't stop petting him and refilling his water plate all the time. :wub:
Yes I miss Austin.....very pet friendly!

#70 ·
A kid at TSC called my husky Mickey a wolf. He's light gray and white with BLUE eyes. No, he's a Husky. I showed him what a wolf looks like.

At Vintage Christmas a child asked if Mickey bites. I said NO ***BUT I DO*** and I showed my teeth. Parents were cracking up. The child's eyes got large as saucers and he backed up.

#71 ·
My daughter is down for the holiday weekend. She was sitting in her father's chair. Hondo walked up to her (to the side) and put both is front feet across her. Hubby said, "Good boy, tell your sister to get out of my chair!". Daughter gets up and lays on the floor. Hondo walks over to her and sits on her. Daughter says, "Mom! My brother is smashing me!" I jumped up to get the camera, but Hondo jumped up too. Drats.

#73 ·
My 8 month old is a very observant.. When she was about 3 months old, she would just sit and "watch" my neighbor from acrosS the street.I was puzzled by this and so one day i brought her over to his yard and introduced the both of us.My neighbor says to me" So this is the new neighborhood watch dog". I just chuckled, it is pretty funny to have a small puppy just sit there and "watch" you. He said he was very impressed with her detective and concentration skills. hehehe

#74 ·
Not sure it's funny.....but the strangest thing is....when we lived in Wisconsin we had an old neighbor lady who would scream "nazi dog" out the door whenever we would walk by her house. Needless to say we got a new route to walk!

#78 ·
In PetSmart about 2 months ago Zira was sitting next to me while I was reading a GSD book, which I had right in front of my face (it was a big book). The cover had a GSD that looked JUST like Zira, and said in big bold letters "German Shepherd Dogs"..... This guy comes walking up to me, looks at Zira and then at me and asks (seriously)..... "What breed is your dog?"

Ummmmm.... If the fact that she looks 100% like a typical GSD doesn't give it away...... How about the picture that you were staring directly at on the cover of the book (with the breed name across the top)?!?! :rolleyes:

One day, I'm going to just calmly say (with a straight face) "she's a poodle"

#91 ·
In PetSmart about 2 months ago Zira was sitting next to me while I was reading a GSD book, which I had right in front of my face (it was a big book). The cover had a GSD that looked JUST like Zira, and said in big bold letters "German Shepherd Dogs"..... This guy comes walking up to me, looks at Zira and then at me and asks (seriously)..... "What breed is your dog?"

Ummmmm.... If the fact that she looks 100% like a typical GSD doesn't give it away...... How about the picture that you were staring directly at on the cover of the book (with the breed name across the top)?!?! :rolleyes:

One day, I'm going to just calmly say (with a straight face) "she's a poodle"
LOL...Im going to remember that one and use it next time..

#79 · (Edited)
-"Puppies are so cute. Even if you hate dogs, with puppies, you just can't help wiking them."
Meh, not that funny. I shall search my brain for something that is funny.
-Oh...when we got Treader at first my dad thought we named him "Cheddar".
-"I think it's the little dogs you've got to watch out for. They bite your ankles."

LOL, I love the "he looks like a sandwich" one from page two!

#82 ·
I was renewing Niko and Rosa's dog licenses, and when i do that I have to provide a color description. I said black and tan for Niko, but I was having trouble describing Rosa's colors in simple terms. The lady taking the info said "Well, all German shepherds look pretty much the same, right?"

#84 · (Edited)
LOL!!!! I definately see Bulldog!!! I have a picture of Gavin on my desk at work, a Laboratory rep came to my desk and said Oh beautiful dog, I said thank you, than he says thats a field Lab right? I have a brother with a Lab, but not a field Lab like yours. I laughed, thinking he was joking, but I'm afraid he wasn't.... a field Lab?

#86 ·
"is that a german shepherd?" yes, she's purebred
"why is he black?" sometimes I just wanna shoot back with why, do you have something against blacks? but it would definitely be taken the wrong way.. Another thing - Vida's had a black leash most of her life but it broke in the elevator here and I bought her some new leashes.. a black one and a pink one. People still call HER a HE even with the pink. So I decided to go neutral and get a Vuitton brown monogramed leash and collar now nobody bugs us for some reason

#90 ·
A spectator at a dog show asked "Excuse me, is that an Australian Cattle Dog?"

#92 ·
Once when Alex was younger, some man asked me "do you have a permit for that thing?"

Looking down at Alex I said to him "no, do I need one?" He responded "well she's a wolf, isn't she?" I looked back down at my funky-looking GSD pup and smiled. Looking back up, the smile wiped from my face I said "No. She's a platypus."

Needless to say, he arched an eyebrow and I went about my way with my 'wolf' and no permit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.