German Shepherds Forum banner

Funniest things said about your dog

134K views 293 replies 233 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
Wife walks out of the bedroom and looks at me all serious like,

"The fuzzigator just had another whizzident"

Reactions: Tr@ce
#31 ·
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've heard that.
I posted something on a friends status on Facebook the other day and Gunner is in my profile picture. One of her friends posted after me asking if I'd consider breeding Gunner to her MASTIFF!!!! :rolleyes:
Great, just what we need, another new breed. We could call them GerMast, or ShepMast or MastShepherd.
Oh wait, darn, I had to go and have Gunner neutered. We could have been on to something! :rolleyes:

#33 · (Edited)
Exactly! And they're cute...now! Once they're full sized, I imagine the owners won't find their behavior so cute anymore and they'll end up in a shelter.

Trust me, the woman got an earful from me. Did it do any good? Not likely!
She wants to breed her "great bloodline" Mastiff and something tells me she'll find someone stupid enough to do it.

#36 ·
I got used to it after a while. It's just funny and weird how someone will approach you and say "I have a bitch in heat". I bet you do... LOL

What ever happend to first date? LOL
It's the world we live in today... Jersey Shore, Paris Hilton, MTV, etc... that culture affects our darling puppies too. ;)

#37 ·
I had a teenage girl and her friend come to me this weekend (at the feedstore) and said, "Your dog isn't a purebred, because he is too fat." Hondo is under weight due to his paw deformity. Hubby says, "So, you think he's too fat?" She says, " He must weigh close to 200 lbs." Hubby says, "Well there goes your career working at a carnival guessing weight."

#38 ·
When Capone was a pup I used to bring him in to work with me and at the point where he had one ear up and one down a customer tried to brush his up ear down and said "o hunny your ears are supposed to be down not up" then looked at me and said " do you think that ear will ever flop down properly"? haha no I do not think it will flop down as he is a purebred GSD and their ears are supposed to be up! lol

#40 ·
Mom always comments on Ozzy's removable man-parts. (She HATES that I'm not getting him neutered).

One time I told her, "Stop looking at 'em!" She said, "They're so hairy!"

I busted a gut. It was just too funny. xD

#41 ·
When Salem's ears were at that "ackward stage - up and together" - a neighbor said "Hey, Is your german Sheppard mixed with a Doberman?" I said "No, she is just a puppy and her ears are growing". Then she said "You might want to take her to the vet to see if there is some "Doberman" in her". I said "Thanks but I don't see any Doberman in her at the moment". LOL!~

#43 ·
Most annoying thing... Someone yells, "Look, it's Kojo!"

Seriously... so many positive German Shepherds in films, but some stupid reason, this is what comes up CONSTANTLY. So sad.

#47 ·
I took Kamahi and Tosca out a few weeks ago and this lady we walked by INSISTED they were wolves, or at least part wolf. UGH! I have both their papers stating they are purebred German Shepherds. :rolleyes2: She said, "They have long hair on their ears, so of course they are part wolf." I said, "No they are just Long Coat German Shepherds." But she continued to come up with new excuses as to why my purebred GSDs were definitely part wolf. :headbang:

At that point I just nodded my head and said "Yeah, you're right, they are part wolf. Please excuse me for not knowing my own dog's breed." :hammer:

#49 · (Edited)
lol these are all amusing!

Last summer someone said "OH...... I thought that was a lama" :headbang:

anoher favoret oh mine ussually comes after they ask what breed my current service dog Nim is I reply that she is a white German Shepherds fallowed by
one of the following

"How did she get white?
"White though,"
"Why is she white?"

Then I explain how recessive alleles work lol then they tend to walk off lol

more annoying is when people see her while we are shopping and tell thier kids dont touch that dog bites!" that TICKS ME OFFF!!!! SHE DOES NOT BITE AND THEY DON"T EVAN KNOW MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also amazes me how many peope see her halti assumes she bites and are AFRAID SHE WILL BITE THEM because they THINK she is muzzled????????......................Ummmmm I fear the least the dog who is muzzled because if it is muzzled and unable to bite

#51 ·
A seemingly homeless man starting chanting at Whit and I once, "That ain't-a dog That'd a WOOF(sic wolf)! That ain't-a dog that a WOOF!" about 5 times as we walked down the street.

#52 ·
We lived near a not so nice area before and the street we'd walk on was known on that side of town as being pretty rough. I was walking her I was stopped and asked: "Is dat dog a K-9?" I just said "Yes". LOL. For 1, I felt safer if they assumed she was a police dog. I'm sure that's what they meant to ask if when they asked. And secondly, I didn't want to be on that street longer than necessary. lol. But I WANTED to say "Well she sure isn't a feline."

#55 ·
My favorite one. ----> "Why did you crop your labs ears?" What the?!?!? He is not a lab! He is black German Shepherd! Jeezzzz..... Second one: teenager "Is that a trained attack K9?" Lol "NO". I just walked off. Great thread!

#57 ·
I had a young sable male GSD bred by me , around 14 weeks old. There is a particular store that I use to observe my dogs in a particular environment. As a thank you to the owner I usually end up buying something , bird seed, something for the beta , something. This time there was a line up . So here I am with the dog sitting nicely beside me in the line up when the people in the que in front of me start admiring the dog. They looked puzzled and then asked exactly what kind of dog is that. I said , that is a german shepherd, ..... oh yes it is pure bred. Then they got served and redirected their attention to the cashier.
BUT -- the people behind me. I could hear them. One said to the other "boy , did she get taken".
I'll never forget it. Buncha experts , bless them.

Meanwhile two months later , work and videos and evaluations later, the dog left my hands and joined a police department in Louisiana. I have pictures of him doing inside car searches and actually finding things (hides) while standing ontop of the innards of a vehicle, under the hood. Great little pup.

Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs

#59 ·
About Dakota: What a funny looking dog! WOW, thats a big dog. ( its true, but I dont think he is that big, Im used to his size)

About Ditto: What kind of dog is that? Many have thought she was: part collie, part greyhound, a husky... My favorite, and least favorite ( depending how I look at it) is when she was about 4 months old I had her at a festival, sitting, well behaved. She was accepted well by all, except one lady who said " Honey, you shouldnt have a dog like that here. Its just not right."... Um what? shes enjoying herself and entertaining people, especially kids.

Daisy: She's so cute, there's no way she is as much trouble as you guys say. ( Not that I dont love her, but, she is trouble lol)

#62 ·
The funniest comment I ever got was while in the elevator. This lady was in there with her new rotti/lab mix when I got on with my dogs. The lady turned to me and said, "I hope Frankie doesn't get as long as your dogs". I had a good laugh!

Carolyn, Bunny & Jazz (Ottawa, ON)

#63 ·
I don't know whether these weekly topics last only week or not, therefore this one being done with, but I had to share two comments I had.

I was walking my 4 month old puppy and someone walks up to her and starts petting her. "She is so cute! What breed is she?" the lady asked. I replied saying she is german shepherd. The lady then said, "Wow, I didn't know german shepherds were so small!"

My puppy and I were at a Marathon race waiting for a relative to pass through, when a little girl yells to her mom, "Look Mom, a werewolf!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.