German Shepherds Forum banner

Boise Idaho

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RebelGSD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know this dog, just trying to help save a dog.

Please contact Anita Zehm: anita4dogs@gmail.com

Shadow is a pure long haired black german shepherd, 6 yrs. old, intact, approx. 70 lbs, healthy (received only high quality food) very friendly with people and even children, must have fenced yard, housetrained, registered, Mom is Czechoslovakia and Dad is champion Hungarian. Shadow is VERY Hunter Mentality; has killed chickens and injured baby pigs; will attack all farm animals, including horses. Runs off is she sees animals to run after. Lives fine with another german shepherd now; must have slow introduction to other dogs. Responds well to shock/e-collar (usual is level 2/3, highest used is level 4).

Shadow was adopted by xxxxx and her husband at 8 weeks old when they lived in Montana; she has been divorced 4 years. Since Thanksgiving, xxxxxx and Shadow have been living at a friend's farm in the Boise area as xxxxxx is unemployed and has no money. Shadow lives in an outdoor kennel 24/7; is VERY intent on getting at the livestock; however, with a zap on the e-collar she will give up and go into her dog house.

I realize this dog needs an experienced shepherd person/family. I don't want her to go to anyone and end up at a local shelter.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Northwest operates in Washington state, and this dog is way down in the Boise area, which is south-west Idaho and hundreds of miles away. Although, that said, a courtesy post could still be helpful.
Sheilah
ETA: IHS use to share their wait list with private owners trying to place their dog. Maybe a call to Dee Fugit at IHS would be helpful. Ask her if they have anyone on their wait list wanting a purebred GSD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.