German Shepherds Forum banner

Trainer recommendation for san antonio TX area

784 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Zumi2015 
#1 ·
I'm in between wanting to take my girl to see a trainer... nothings like really wrong with her but just want to perfect some things she's not 100% on... she knows her basic OB inside it's pretty spot on.... finally mastered the loose leash walk. Her recall could use some more work. It started off great and then slowly started to not be so reliable. She's at this stage where she knows what command I'm telling her but she's starting to just ignore me which is awful. Trying to get her to focus on me outside is proving to be a challenge. I take her favorite ball with me on our hikes and she's always responded well even with people around when I can tell she wants to go greet them I tell her "leave it" and she continues to follow me but theres always a moment of hesitation. I'm trying to reinforce the good things with a lot of praise and trying to be more interesting than anything else around her but sometimes it's just really hard to redirect her focus to me
She just turned 9 months, basically I think what I'm trying to say is how do I better get her to focus on me and listen when I say the command the first time without hesitation granted I know these things take time and I have to be patient and I've really only been working on this a few weeks.
So if anyone has recommendations or just good youtube videos or advice it would be much appreciated ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.