German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Training Theory & Methods (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-theory-methods/)
-   -   Very interesting review I read on a clicker training book. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-theory-methods/441273-very-interesting-review-i-read-clicker-training-book.html)

Sri 04-21-2014 10:10 PM

Very interesting review I read on a clicker training book.

this made me laugh so much I just had to share it:

"I gave this book four stars only because it really isn't about dog training specifically, or clicker training either. As I realized this, I was somewhat disappointed. But I couldn't quite drop it, and continued. I was glad I did. I found the information, and insite into both human and critter psychology enlightening. Since I had already read Clicker training your Horse, I understood the concept of the clicker. This book gave me a glimpse of how positive reinforcement might be applied to people...where obviously clicking might just get you smacked. I applied positive reinforcment to my boss. He was not a horrible boss, but he was not a caring boss either. I noticed that he seemed to be hungry for approval from his equals, and it occured to me that maybe approval from anywhere might be his "click/reward" I started applying methods suggested in the book, and with in a couple of weeks, he was a most solitious boss. We (the lowerdowns) came to adore this boss, and strove to stay in his department. The more we reinforced the behaviors we liked...the more he exibited them. This book could change your relationship with people. I would recommend it to anyone who deals with people, or animals. Read it through, then go back and study the highlights."

glowingtoadfly 04-21-2014 10:24 PM

Lol

Cassidy's Mom 04-21-2014 11:03 PM

Love it!!! :rofl:

Juliem24 04-21-2014 11:04 PM

Wish I had read about clicker training before I raised my kids...life could've been a little easier!

dogfaeries 04-21-2014 11:39 PM

Sounds like Karen Pryor's Don't Shoot The Dog. :)

Sri 04-25-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogfaeries (Post 5411729)
Sounds like Karen Pryor's Don't Shoot The Dog. :)

yes it is :)

glowingtoadfly 04-25-2014 06:51 PM

Clicker Research Challenges | Karen Pryor Clicker Training :-)

wolfy dog 04-25-2014 07:05 PM

Ha, ha, one of my dog training clients used this same technique with his grouchy neighbor. 14 days later, he was OK and had quit his nasty remarks. People are trainable, as long as they don't know they are being trained. Once I complimented my teen daughter for putting away the laundry, (free shaping!). Her response: "Yes mom, click!"

Sri 04-25-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy dog (Post 5432497)
Ha, ha, one of my dog training clients used this same technique with his grouchy neighbor. 14 days later, he was OK and had quit his nasty remarks. People are trainable, as long as they don't know they are being trained. Once I complimented my teen daughter for putting away the laundry, (free shaping!). Her response: "Yes mom, click!"

Lol. Shes smart! But daughters are the best. Im beginning to see a similarity between my adolescent male and my preteen son. I really wish i knew how to free shape him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

glowingtoadfly 04-25-2014 07:33 PM

You just have to find his motivation.