German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Training Theory & Methods (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-theory-methods/)
-   -   Mirror Method Training in Dallas! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-theory-methods/431409-mirror-method-training-dallas.html)

Stosh 03-30-2014 08:59 AM

Mirror Method Training in Dallas!

If you're in the Dallas area, check into the Mirror Method Training class starting May 3rd. All dogs off leash all the time. Stosh and I are currently in the advanced class in Murchison TX. This training method was developed in Hungary and one of the originators spent 18 months in TX getting the training center started. It's so much fun with fantastic results. The goal is to be able to walk your dog off leash anywhere, you get that much control all through positive training. You also learn leadership skills to get respect from your dog. You can find out more about it on their facebook page. Definitely worth the time and effort.

Stosh 03-30-2014 12:12 PM

Look at Mirror Method Training in Dallas or at Circle Star Mirror Method on facebook for more information. Or google Nora Vamosi-Nagy, the woman who brought this training to the US

sechattin 03-30-2014 03:15 PM

Will check it out!

glowingtoadfly 03-30-2014 03:19 PM

This is very interesting. Too bad I'm in WI.

Stosh 04-23-2014 09:03 PM

The Dallas Mirror Method class starting next weekend is 90% gsds!! Puppy and Beginner classes are filling up with gsds- if you want to train off leash all the time, this is the class. Stosh and I are finishing up the Advanced and we spent Sat. afternoon off leash in a public park with kids playing, a soccer game, strange dogs off leash running around, even an ambulance. That's the goal this training guarantees. I plan to go to some of the classes as a helper so I can meet some of the forum members that are taking the class

Bear L 04-23-2014 09:05 PM

Have you seen this work on weak nerve dogs?

GSDAlphaMom 04-23-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stosh (Post 5421793)
The Dallas Mirror Method class starting next weekend is 90% gsds!!

I wonder how that happened! ;)

Sri 04-25-2014 07:46 AM

Wish I lived in Dallas! This sounds awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stosh (Post 5421793)
The Dallas Mirror Method class starting next weekend is 90% gsds!! Puppy and Beginner classes are filling up with gsds- if you want to train off leash all the time, this is the class. Stosh and I are finishing up the Advanced and we spent Sat. afternoon off leash in a public park with kids playing, a soccer game, strange dogs off leash running around, even an ambulance. That's the goal this training guarantees. I plan to go to some of the classes as a helper so I can meet some of the forum members that are taking the class

petite 04-28-2014 10:24 AM

How interesting, I'm jealous you get the only training program for this down south!

GSDAlphaMom 04-28-2014 10:26 AM

Congrats to Cindy and Stosh for passing the advanced test!