E-training - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default E-training

I ordered some books on E-training because a frirnd of mine are doing this training with him. He has to be isolated from guests often for awhile after they got this new trainer. They have done this with their previous dog before i was born. This has nothing to do against me. No more frequent visitors even for the kids across the street. However, can visit once a week or once every other week. This training is what CW Meisterfeld had done of what I heard. I cannot attend either like i did in the past with their previous trainer. That is cool this is something that they have to do. However, hopefully this will end eventually and can leave this alll behind. So have been researching on e-training and ordered books on amazon about 3 on Meisterfeld and 10 on other books and 5 other books at a local library. CW Meisterfeld was the first person to train dogs with Positive Reinforcement no alpha or force physical thing. Doing this to understand and am understanding more of it. However, don't get the isolation visitors thing. So what I know about this is to make their dog more responsive and welcomed be more of a joy everywhere. Found nothing on social isolation other than its not a proper way to train dogs according to my research so far. He already is the though from a different propespective. Although he can get better. Do you know much about e-training?

Last edited by Lobobear44; 12-31-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Lobobear44 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Maybe the dog's owners have decided that you have an unhealthy interest in their dog and no longer wanted your interference?

I think you would be so much better off if you would stop focusing on a dog that you don't own and have no real connection to and maybe start focusing on making the real relationships in your life better.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sit,stay View Post
Maybe the dog's owners have decided that you have an unhealthy interest in their dog and no longer wanted your interference?

I think you would be so much better off if you would stop focusing on a dog that you don't own and have no real connection to and maybe start focusing on making the real relationships in your life better.
Sheilah
very well said.

you're obssessing over a dog you dont even own. do you just randomly call these people asking to see their dog? maybe the no visitors thing isnt an integral part of the training but just their way of nicely telling you to stay away and stop stalking their dog?
boomer11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

I agree, this is their dog, not yours, and your attachment to him in my opinion, is unhealthy for you and the dog.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
I agree, this is their dog, not yours, and your attachment to him in my opinion, is unhealthy for you and the dog.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla

I have a dog that has to be managed when guests are over - whether it be put away or brought into the group determined by me. I also have a friend who likes my dog, and by your post, acts and believes much as you do. I have had several discussions with my friend about this. I explained that as much as they like my dog, I know what his limitations are, what he is capable of, I know what it will take to keep him and guests safe - to please stop interfering, to keep judgmental comments and observations to themselves. My priority is the safety of guests and my dog, not what the friend is comfortable with or how the friend would like to see my dog handled.

For your peace of mind, I can assure you that not all dogs want to be in a group setting, are much happier just with their family. Depending on the issues, it can be much healthier for the dog to not to be subjected to the stress of guests/strangers.
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sit,stay View Post

Sheilah
@sit,stay

They said this has nothing to do with me. This is the same thing they have done with their last dog Kimo before I was born. Maybe that is true maybe not. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to talk further on this with them.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer11 View Post
very well said.

you're obssessing over a dog you dont even own. do you just randomly call these people asking to see their dog? maybe the no visitors thing isnt an integral part of the training but just their way of nicely telling you to stay away and stop stalking their dog?
@boomer11

How is the no visitors thing a clue to your theory? I have been thinking the same thing, but no they don't want his training undo or anything. I known them for years and have become like godparents or an aunt and an uncle. They enjoy having me over hanging out with their dog. The guardian and I went on a walk with our dogs and we were talking about this. She told me what the trainer said and two months ago after the training. Possibly, the guardians might have realized something during this training process with their dog. So perhaps this relationship is unhealthy. However, doesn't feel that way when we spen time with each I grown up and don't brag or think what ever I feel about their dog like a kid. Actually remember an episode in Pokemon of a kid wanting Pikachu and was so obsess over Pikachu and thought Pikachu liked him more than Pikachu's trainer. Actually a lot of Pokemon theories, training methods, methods, philosophies, etc are similar to dogs and other nonhuman species as well. For awhile did feel like a break eventually from this dog might be a good idea and it's happening. Eventually, we will go back to normal but with different attitudes, better relationships, philosophies, etc. Kind of silly, but the relationship with this dog is different I think. Although, I like to share my feelings and thoughts with them and they help out. I feel like this might be a good learning experience in the end. However, next time I see the guardian we will talk this through.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
I have a dog that has to be managed when guests are over - whether it be put away or brought into the group determined by me. I also have a friend who likes my dog, and by your post, acts and believes much as you do. I have had several discussions with my friend about this. I explained that as much as they like my dog, I know what his limitations are, what he is capable of, I know what it will take to keep him and guests safe - to please stop interfering, to keep judgmental comments and observations to themselves. My priority is the safety of guests and my dog, not what the friend is comfortable with or how the friend would like to see my dog handled.

For your peace of mind, I can assure you that not all dogs want to be in a group setting, are much happier just with their family. Depending on the issues, it can be much healthier for the dog to not to be subjected to the stress of guests/strangers.
@Twyla

For a couple years I have been a frequent visitor weekly around 2-5+ hours. So perhaps being a frequent visitor had this consequence we didn't realize would happen. Despite this being the trainer's orders maybe they came to realize something. So now I am thinking about seeing him like I see dogs at the dog park. Some see every week some a few times a month. We may be a perfect match in our personality and energy wise, however our relationship is huge, but he is with his guardians 24/7. I also realized a different in prospective taking with our dogs too. My dog and German shepherds are easy to handle easier than a beagle and to others my dog and German shepherds are harder than taking a train for a walk.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

maybe the owners are being polite to you and don't want to hurt your feelings.

I also agree with Twyla's post.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.