What to look for in a trainer - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

We got lucky with our trainer. My best friends ex husbands new girlfriend ended up owning a dog training/boarding business. Her website had more then enough details about her background, training, testimonials and contact section. I talked to her on the phone for an inital evaluation to make sure our dog met her guidelines and that she met ours. We also exchanged emails back and forth before she came to our home for a visit.
It is so nice to find a trainer to come to your home versus taking them somewhere. Our training brought other dogs over to help work with our dog. I could not be more pleased with the service.

It takes time to find the right person to trust with your dog and family.
Best of luck.
dogmama340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narny View Post
Not when your husband trusts no one and they want to come to my home before I have even met them. Part of the problem is I should have explained to them and met them somewhere else. But they had a website and it offered NO info on their back round which if it did then my husband wouldnt have had a huge objection.

I am not saying that word of mouth is bad. Just that if you do have a website please post proper info.
Can't you email them or call to find out? I am sure that they could send you something on their background and trainings.
You trusted the breeder to give you a geninue GSD, so you just need to trust the trainers out there also.
dogmama340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

All of the above ... and the trainer that will go the extra mile to help you out ...

Come to your house, meet with you in a specific spot (so you can target certain behaviours in locations) instead of just meeting in a classroom
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.