German Shepherds Forum banner

Has anyone ever tried this for training?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chip18 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yes, Leerburg does a pretty good job. The course we took closed all access after a time.

If you are good at self study, online courses are a good option, proven trainers to supplement what may (or may not) be available locally to you. All recommend videotaping your training sessions for review, watching yourself is really the best teacher. :)

Another is Fenzi Academy, they just closed their current session, but will open again for August. Here you can still access the lectures and links to videos for a year after you take your last course but not the forums. http://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/index.php/my-courses

Susan Garrett is another option, she will be opening her Recallers program again this week (was last opened about 18 months ago): Breaking the Dog Training Rules

SG opens her courses less frequently, but you have longer term access to the whole course (a year or more) a greater quantity of videos and eBooks and course and community support. There are also options to ‘renew’, so it allows you to work at your own pace and allows for life occurrences that sometimes get in the way of training time. Have taken courses at all three, personally we like SG programs the best.

Best of luck with the new pup!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, our new pup is an all Black German Shepherd, I have always had a traditional shepherd so the all black will be something new for us.

I will look into the other links, thanks again.

Was hoping to find some good trainers in the Kansas City area but nothing yet.

#4 ·
I agree with the above! My fiancé is taking a Forrest Micke motivation class through Leerburg U right now and is enjoying it.

I'm taking an IPO fundamentals class through Fenzi that I love!

And we both have Susan Garrett's Puppy Peaks/Recallers which are also very awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.