German Shepherds Forum banner

Need fun silly dog trick ideas.

840 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Germanshepherdlove 
#1 ·
So many of my dogs have done a silly trick. Nakita would bounce a balloon off her nose back and forth with my kids, Shadow would sing for his dinner, Buddy would dance for his. Wiggles sits up and begs silly girl....

I need a fun different idea for Dude. We have been so busy working on fear issues that I would like just a silly fun simple something to teach him.

Suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally love 'wave'. If your pup knows how to give a paw, ask for it with only a gesture (no verbal command). Then take your hand away before he puts his paw in your hand...Repeat until he does the 'wave' a few times in a row. Add a command and slowly transition your 'give me paw' gesture to a new 'wave' gesture...

If I make a video of Smokey doing this, (he recently learned it) I'll post it C:

Enjoy!

#5 ·
I love teaching dogs to cross their paws. I usually teach each side so they cross their paws when I cross my feet (right cross front, they cross their right; left cross front, they cross their left) All they need to know how to do is touch a target with their paw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.