German Shepherds Forum banner

What next?

848 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MaggieRoseLee 
#1 ·
We have been working on some basic training the past few weeks: come, sit, down, stay, gentle, go potty, etc. which he has pretty much mastered all of (still working on a longer stay, but his attention span is pretty short since he is only 10 weeks). So what comes next? I think he is getting bored with the commands we give him and will often guess what command we are going to give him before we even say it.

What are some good commands to teach him from here?

#2 · (Edited)
Keep doing what your doing. You also will start introducing him to distraction while working on commands. I took Cruz to the pet store or open mall area with people around. Start him at a distance where he is still obeying and slowly work your way closer to the distraction over time. If he starts reacting back off a ways and just keep working him in closer.

Oh and keep going on the "come" command. To me it's the single most important command you can teach.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Why not do a puppy class, even though you know the basics it's good to work on them in a group class setting together. Then once you finish a basic class in obedience most trainers or centres offer classes that are more specialized - like RallyO, agility, nosework, etc and you can start working on those. The sky is the limit! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.