German Shepherds Forum banner

This seems to be the story of my life...

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  petite 
#1 ·
I took the girls to training classes last fall. And then we hibernated. My trainer finally got together with the man upstairs who directs the snow and the rain, and started her outside classes two weeks ago. Lassie on Tuesday, Karma on Thursday.

Last Tuesday I went to the shepherd club meeting and missed class.

Last Thursday my axle broke on my car, and my brother has the Honda, so I called off of class.

Monday Karma went in heat.

This afternoon after mowing the lawn and brushing out Jenna, I brushed out Lassie and checked to see if she was in heat. She was not.

This evening in class, she was.

I told them to sign me up for the next set of basic classes with Lassie.

Now I have to sub in one of the other, any of whom may come in heat at any moment.

Bitches!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Tell me about it! Sage came in heat this morning. It hasn't even been 5 months! She usually goes 7-8 months. I had to pack up Russell and take him to his breeder's house after work, because I don't want to deal with an intact boy here. He's in heaven at her house, and has already found a new best friend there - Sage's sister.

I'm not too sad about the big ol' boy being gone for awhile. The girls really need a break from his rowdy, obnoxious, teenage self. He'll be 15 months old in a day or two. He's seriously obnoxious right now.

#3 ·
Lassie was a year in the middle of March, and Karma was a year old in the end of January. Why oh why did they have to come in together?

I just asked the trainer if I could bring Mufasa to the next three classes. He will be 7 weeks old Saturday, so not quite 8 weeks on Tuesday.

At least he won't come into heat! Probably put Babs in on Thursday, though she is due to come into heat at any time.

#4 ·
Now that Sage has gone in heat, I'm worried that Carly will blow all her coat and then go into heat too. I'm entering her (Carly) in the big Oklahoma City shows next month. Just for fun. Maybe get more grand champion points. But not if she's naked. Showing bitches is so hit and miss. Can't just blow coat seasonally, but also right before a heat. I swear they are naked more than not.

#5 ·
Blowing coat is one thing. Though, when showing I am sure it is just as awful as this hormonal, post-pregnancy hair loss, It is exasperating!!! Jenna is going to be BALD by the time her pups are 8 weeks old. Her first litter, she lost all the hair on her tail. All of it. It looked like a rat tail. And she has a beautiful tail.

Ah well. Look at me admiring my dog's tail. If it isn't on thing...

And yes, they do tend to bring each other in.

#6 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. And when my girls blow coat, it's rat-tail naked all the way! There is no stepping foot in the ring. Argh. I'd better not see any coat coming off this dog in the next 5 weeks.

#7 ·
What did I see in the old ancient Lassie movie? Lindseed oil in the water bowl? Something like that to help the coat.

Now I have to pull out the Lassie movies again. The little girls did not like them because the dog is in danger of being killed in all of them most of the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.