German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Training Our Puppy (basic) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-our-puppy-basic/)
-   -   Obedience with Anna- videos (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-our-puppy-basic/391586-obedience-anna-videos.html)

Liz&Anna 01-05-2014 03:11 PM

Obedience with Anna- videos

Just interested in opinions of how Anna's OB looks, I'm not currently in a class and I do everything on my own

Obedience-cellphone retrieve - YouTube

Leash pressure work - YouTube

The last one is Anna tracking and retrieving an item

Puppy tracking - YouTube

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

sit,stay 01-05-2014 03:28 PM

Nice puppy! I would like to see how she does outside, around distractions.
Sheilah

Liz&Anna 01-05-2014 03:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
She does pretty much the same, it's hard to find a place to set my phone and record, I take lots of pics though

Attachment 159498
(Sit stay)

Attachment 159514
(Down stay at Petco)

Attachment 159522
(Her heel)

Packen 01-05-2014 03:39 PM

Nice work and good pup. If it were my pup I would (talking bout 1st vid),

1. Keep my hand attached to my waist level for engagement and food reward (not move hand up or forward/ahead of my body).
2. Lose the "stay" cue (meaning flashing your right palm). Dog knows and will maintain position till you release without the extra command and hand motion (short durations at first).

Good job, keep it going and engage, engage, engage with many play type routines.

Liz&Anna 01-05-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packen (Post 4777354)
Nice work and good pup. If it were my pup I would (talking bout 1st vid),

1. Keep my hand attached to my waist level for engagement and food reward (not move hand up or forward/ahead of my body).
2. Lose the "stay" cue (meaning flashing your right palm). Dog knows and will maintain position till you release without the extra command and hand motion (short durations at first).

Good job, keep it going and engage, engage, engage with many play type routines.

That's how I started to shape the lure but I quickly found out her mouth is the danger zone! Her mouth SNAPS shut like an alligator, taking the treat....and my hand, she plays like a wild beast as well- I have hopes of doing PSA with her so I like the enthusiasm buuut..I also like my fingers- hahah any tips?

Packen 01-05-2014 03:59 PM

Yes, keep the treat in hand and hand closed like a fist (this way teeth don't hurt so much and pup learns to engage and not eat hand). Have her smell and follow hand, only if she keeps licking, trying to grab the treat during motion , reward her by opening hand a little so she can nibble/taste the treat, then close fist again for more engagement. If she leaves following hand, push her away and run backwards 2-3 steps to engage her again. Have her follow your hand, not your hand following her.

johnkellie 01-05-2014 05:22 PM

looking good and helpful input

Liz&Anna 01-05-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packen (Post 4777442)
Yes, keep the treat in hand and hand closed like a fist (this way teeth don't hurt so much and pup learns to engage and not eat hand). Have her smell and follow hand, only if she keeps licking, trying to grab the treat during motion , reward her by opening hand a little so she can nibble/taste the treat, then close fist again for more engagement. If she leaves following hand, push her away and run backwards 2-3 steps to engage her again. Have her follow your hand, not your hand following her.

Thank you, I'll give it a shot I do OB with her for very short time periods a few times a day every day

Liz&Anna 01-05-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnkellie (Post 4777778)
looking good and helpful input

Thank you :) I hope to compete and title her, we have so much to work on

dawnandjr 01-05-2014 09:07 PM

You can also teach her to not go after your hand for the food, rather wait til it is given. With food in your hand, let her try to get it. When she backs off, click, treat. Sorry, are you using clicker? If not use your word (yes). I am sure there is a video on youtube that I have seen before, I know I am not explaining it very well. But you are rewarding for not going after your hand, but rather waiting for the treat to come to her. That is a separate exercise worked by itself then applied with other exercises.