German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Training Our Puppy (basic) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-our-puppy-basic/)
-   -   any idea's/help would be amazing (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-our-puppy-basic/384666-any-ideas-help-would-amazing.html)

ashrea04 12-21-2013 07:54 AM

any idea's/help would be amazing

I have two german shepherd pups at 6 months old and am trying to crate train them (a bit late I know) but one of them "rocko" whines and panics as he cant be near my others pup ghost. When the crate is closed even though ghosts crate is next to him I cant get him to stop crying I love them both so much and I have run out of idea as the keep having accidents in the night, even if let out at 11pm and again at 5am :help: please if anyone can help me please do:)
Ash

Sp00ks 12-21-2013 08:40 AM

I'm no expert, just a thought off the top of my head.

Can you crate them together? They are probably getting pretty big and that's not an option at this point. Like I said, just a thought.

Twyla 12-21-2013 09:36 AM

Start over at the beginning. Place crates in separate rooms and begin again from there. Especially with 2 pups, siblings I am assuming; they have become to dependent on each other. It will probably be a longer process with Rocko since it appears from what you stated he is the more dependent one.

Play, train separate from each other. Allow only a short period of play and interaction between them each day. Get a trainer involved if you haven't already.

mspiker03 12-21-2013 09:44 AM

Leyna and Levi (littermates) were crated next to each other. You may just have to let him learn to deal with it. Maybe work on it during the day as well and give them a chew toy (like a bulky stick or similar) in the crate to help settle them (chew toy when you can supervise and not at night when you are sleeping). If he isn't letting you know that he has to go out, I would be getting up every couple of hours and eliminating water a couple of hours before bed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ashrea04 12-22-2013 10:32 AM

just a quick thanks for the advise I am going to try train/play separate as it seems the next logical option please if anyone else has any ideas message me as im willing to listen to any advie
ash:)

doggiedad 12-22-2013 10:42 AM

take them out several times during the night. overnight i use
to take my pup out 2 or 3 times. as he got older i took him
out 2 times and that led to 1 time. by the time he was 4 months
i took him out once overnight. taking him out once overnight
happened untill he was 8 months old. at 8 months old he stopped
asking to go out overnight.

MaggieRoseLee 12-22-2013 10:44 AM

Ear plugs for you cause you need to let them whine and learn it's ok and the sound isn't going to get them out.

Have you got some yummy Purple Squirrel Dudes or Kongs full of treats when you crate them?