Hero update/ Bragging!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hero update/ Bragging!!

So it has been a while since I have posted but I have been extremely busy! An update on Hero's health is that he is healthy and happy as can be. We are pretty sure he only has one testicle but we aren't planning on breeding him (I refuse to give the @$$bag breeders another penny for full AKC papers) but my Hero is doing great. He seems to think his 30 pound behind is only a 5 lb chihuahua because he loves to get in your lap!! hahah anyway onto some bragging!!

Last Saturday Hero completed PUPPY KINDEGARTEN!! He is a graduate and also passed his test for AKC S.T.A.R Puppy! We didn't know he would be tested for this but they did it on graduation day and he passed with flying colors so woohoo for him! After his test the trainer was curious as to what dogs in the class would like to try their paws at agility training. She brought out the little tire hoop and a jump bar. Now the bar was REALLY low because the puppies are so young she didnt want to strain the growth plates but let me tell you HERO LOVED THIS!! He really enjoyed leaping through the hoop and jumping over the stick.. his treats weren't needed although he gladly took them! He starts his next session of classes this weekend! I am so excited that he loves training so much and he takes to it so well, it is very rewarding to watch him succeed much like my kids!

Also as some of you may remember, we eventually would like CGC and PSD training with him to help with my PTSD (which he already helps a lot just by being there). So Hero and I are on our nightly walk when I get home around 1230 am a few nights ago. I enjoy this walk because theres no one around and we bond really well on it. Well we walk through a local park and I can tell something is up. Hero starts to slow his walk and look intently at the tube slide. He nudges me gets really close and barks twice. Four teenagers crawl out of the slide and see me and start to freak out (I am a federal law enforcement officer and still in uniform on this walk so they thought I was a cop lol) they tried to walk aead of me which is when I started to smell the marijuana. Hero stayed focused on them and basically chased them out of the park. Now had I not seen them or I heard them behind me I woulda had a panic atack but Hero did what I plan on training him to do!!!!!! He is already doind exactly what I intend on teaching him! He alerted me of potential danger and made sure I was safe until they were gone!! I was sooooo happy and I have a newly found excitement and eagerness to get my not so little puppy trained!!!

Oh and almost all his furrygator teeth are gone and the nipping is almost done with! I will post some pictures when I get home tonight, He has gotten SOOOOOO big, and both ears are up 90 % of the time and the rest of the time one sorta flops inward. Well sorry this was so long but MAN I am excited!!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hmmm....sounds to me like he needs an ego boost.

Jelpy
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Great job Hero! We're all proud of you!
4score is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Great job Hero!!! Sounds like a GSD addict if you ask me.
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

He's so cute!

If you are going through hades, keep going!
Scarlettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

WTG Hero

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.