I Hate To Say It, But.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face I Hate To Say It, But....

For the people that advised against doing a co-own arrangement with the female Viernheimi Ranie that I asked about her pedigree....YOU WERE RIGHT! This co-own arrangement is null and void as of 5pm tomorrow afternoon. After a falling out between the "breeder" and I over her offering me her male that she had and then only finding out that he had fertility problems and she had lied to me about other things, as well as, Ranie having nerve problems around my fiance'....well let's just say that I don't appreciate being lied to so the arrangement is coming to a screeching halt tomorrow afternoon. Don't get me wrong; Ranie is a wonderful female for a lady only. But, she is way too nervy around men and makes me wonder how she even earned that UKC championship title if she was judged by any man. So, I am looking at possibly purchasing a really nice sable working line male to start out with some personal protection ventures that I'd like to learn in. I have also been talking with a trainer that is about an hour away about taking a pup to him for training if I do get one. Let's just say that I will forever be checking the reliability of my sources from now on and not being so quick to trust. I should have known and should have followed the advice of more knowledgeable people here, but I trusted someone that I obviously should not've. Forgive me for the rant, just figured I would let the smart ones know that they were right and people should definitely be following their advice.
bethany.cole2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

she probably saw you coming from a mile away...Glad you could null and void your contract.
Hope your next experience with a mentor is much better....experience is what it takes sometimes to learn...sorry yours was a negative one! Hope Ranie can find her forever place.
And I also wish you luck with the sable male!! Love my sable boy
Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
she probably saw you coming from a mile away...Glad you could null and void your contract.
Hope your next experience with a mentor is much better....experience is what it takes sometimes to learn...sorry yours was a negative one! Hope Ranie can find her forever place.
And I also wish you luck with the sable male!! Love my sable boy
Thank you. It's nothing definite with him yet, but I am going to look at him tomorrow and spend some time with the litter and then if I like him put down a deposit on him. The litter is only 6 weeks Thursday so not quite ready to leave momma yet. At least she isn't letting the babies go at 6 weeks like a lot of breeders around here have done. I also have asked to see copies of the parents' OFA hip/elbow scores and they are willing to bring their trainer out tomorrow and have the trainer work with both parents in front of me so that I can see how they work and then I'll go from there. Sables are my favorite color next to blacks.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Do you want to share the pedigree?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Do you want to share the pedigree?
Lol well I don't have the pedigree as of yet. They aren't on the web and are old-fashioned in a way, so none of their dogs are on the pedigree database. I'll make sure to post it when I get it and have it added to the pedigree database. I'll keep you guys in suspense until then I'll post pictures of the litter in just a bit, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

The second picture down is the little boy that I'm primarily interested in. The first picture is the only other male in the litter and is a lighter colored sable.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

That last photo, is that a red crested sable? LOL
Anja vom Spokane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja vom Spokane View Post
That last photo, is that a red crested sable? LOL

Lol you like the chickens, too?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

haaahh , now I can say it , the female you had looked very tired , old beyond her years --- slow down young Bethany --- who are the parents of the pup you are interested in.

also chickens (birds) and young pups -- look out for and treat for coccidia .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Those pups look fluffy! I doubt they are working line though without a pedigree. Do they have ofa or are they just gonna demonstrate that the parents are athletic?
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.