Breeding an aggressive German Shepherd - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master Member

spay! I did that with mine who i ADORE! but the puppies may never be like the parent, depending on who you breed with and how they are raised. DO whats best for her and the potential offspring that might never have a happy life because of issues like theese.
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
I think the OP will affirm that when the British Dangerous Dog Act was enacted the atmosphere was near hysterical. Any dog , and this still stands, can be seized and euthanized if it is out of control and appearing to be dangerous. In the beginning in 1991 there were cases where dogs were seized because they gave a passing pedestrian "a fright" - looked the wrong way or knit his brows. We were all signing petitions like mad in Ontario when then Attorney General Michael Bryant enacted his specific anti breed legislation. There was no telling where something will end once allowed to be enacted.
So bringing to attention the OPs British citizenship is not unkind or unfair. There are so many regulations , probably the most regulated country there is .
Only the most ideal temperament should be bred.
Not sure I would agree with this, maybe in terms of Pit bulls as obviously they are a banned breed here, but I don't think the UK is overly regulated with regards to dogs. I am horrified by the amount of posts on this forum with people talking about leash laws and how there is nowhere for them to let their dogs run free. We don't have that here, dogs are allowed offlead in pretty much any public area other than roads and pavements. They are allowed offlead on beaches, and parks, any footpath and field as long as they stay away from livestock etc.
wolfspirit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspirit View Post
I am horrified by the amount of posts on this forum with people talking about leash laws and how there is nowhere for them to let their dogs run free.
I hear you! Every time I get annoyed by a stray or unleashed dog I remember this forum and it reminds me that freedom is priceless and well worth the discomfort.
Catu's Pack
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

In the United States as long as your dog can heel 100% of the time next to you, most people won't even notice you don't have a leash on if you choose to have it off. But...99% of dogs aren't trained that well and so they aren't trusted off leash. Very rarely would you run into people that would get mad at your dog being off leash unless it is bothering them, I take my dog off leash all the time in public parks and let him run, I've never had an issue with it. But other municipalities are different.

The reason dogs aren't "over regulated" in your opinion in the UK is that they have reduced the amounts of "dangerous dogs." There is no need to give the authorities any reason to step up their enforcement of this law by breeding a dog that you already know has aggression issues.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

Think about it another way. What kind of homes do you want your puppies to go to? Obviously, you want homes that have done their research (breed traits, temperament, health, etc), and will commit to raising the dog to be a responsible and healthy canine citizen. But because these same homes have done their research, they also know what kind of dogs they DO NOT want - which is a puppy from a dam with nerve issues. So you'll be left trying to place your pups into less desirable homes. It'll probably a crappy feeling for you, and might not be the best life for them.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
In the United States as long as your dog can heel 100% of the time next to you, most people won't even notice you don't have a leash on if you choose to have it off. But...99% of dogs aren't trained that well and so they aren't trusted off leash. Very rarely would you run into people that would get mad at your dog being off leash unless it is bothering them, I take my dog off leash all the time in public parks and let him run, I've never had an issue with it. But other municipalities are different.

The reason dogs aren't "over regulated" in your opinion in the UK is that they have reduced the amounts of "dangerous dogs." There is no need to give the authorities any reason to step up their enforcement of this law by breeding a dog that you already know has aggression issues.
I totally agree with it being irresponsible to breed a dog that is has fear aggression. Totally.

I just wanted to point out that the UK isn't really regimented with dogs as some people might think. And to me, if the dog is having to heel beside me then that's not the point of offlead. In the UK, dogs are allowed to run free in pretty much any open area, beach or park, so it sounds less strict that the US (was my point..) lol
wolfspirit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #37 (permalink)

It looks like the OP has left the house

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspirit View Post
I totally agree with it being irresponsible to breed a dog that is has fear aggression. Totally.

I just wanted to point out that the UK isn't really regimented with dogs as some people might think. And to me, if the dog is having to heel beside me then that's not the point of offlead. In the UK, dogs are allowed to run free in pretty much any open area, beach or park, so it sounds less strict that the US (was my point..) lol
Its just a different culture in the US. I think in Europe there is a lot more personal responsibility when it comes to dog ownership. When I was over there most dogs were trained much better and dogs are expected to have a certain level of training. In the US, there are just too many dogs that aren't trained, too many dogs that are purchased because they're cute, with no real reason or expectation for training.

Sadly I see the dogs being allowed to run free the reason why England needed a Dangerous Dog Act. The fact that people got too comfortable and thought, why not let my aggressive dog off leash? Everyone else is doing it! So the fact that the US is strict is what leads us to not completely ban dogs from places lol. You don't want to know how many times I've seen someone bring a DA dog into an area with other dogs. It's like they just don't care, and still want to force a normal life on their dogs. People here just don't have the same personal responsibility they have in Europe.

Also just the sheer numbers of dogs...there are more dogs in the US then there are people in the UK. So statistically there will be a lot more issues.

Last edited by martemchik; 09-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.