question about studding... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

You are not obligated to do it. As jocoyn said, there is no shortage of well-bred dogs (and imports) with the correct drive and temperament to use, not a wash-out from police academy.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frpringle View Post
When I got him, I was told there are already 2 people lined up to breed their bitches with him, and Im fine with that, I just wanted to make sure that I don't just breed him to breed him. I want to make sure these people are registered and everything too. I just got him so I wanted to make sure that if I did breed him I was going about it the right way. I have a English Bulldog that is prepared and will be studded for the first time next month, but he was already all set up when we got him and so I'm a little lost as to what to do with an unregistered GSD that is supposed to be studded to 2 people.
If you are NOT a professional, you shouldn't be breeding. Why do you want to breed this dog? Do you think you're going to make money off the puppies? What kind of "set up" does your bulldog have? Has he been health certified? They have lots of health issues and if you breed a dog with health issues, the puppies will inherit them.

I don't understand why you want to breed your dogs? Do you hope to get a puppy out of it? Why can't you just let them be companion animals, because that's all they are?

More unwanted puppies in the world that will end up in shelters because of behavioral or health issues. Is that what you really want?
Chance&Reno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Probably it's the $$$ sadly, there's a ton of money in EBs.
What has your EB done to prove he's breed worthy? Did you see the chart in the middle of the 1st page??
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think everyone is being way too judgemental and harsh here. The OP is coming here looking for advice on how to breed correctly (and taking it!) and you're going to bash him for it and accuse him of things without having any idea? There are much better ways around such a topic than blatant interrogation that puts people on the defensive and drives them away.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

WOW... well thank you to the people who were helpful with their insights and gave good direction. To those who thought it was important to question my integrity when I am trying to make sure I am doing things legitimately, please remember this... you are the people who force others to breed "backyard" as they call it. Your comments are not helpful, yet frustrating. People on here are looking for advice, not a lecture about "leaving it to the pros". Those people had to start somewhere too. Why I want to breed my dog is my business and not for you to judge. IF I decide to breed either of my dogs, I will only be doing it the proper way, which is what I was looking for some insight on here for. I have no intention of breeding crap dogs, but I would like to know if mine is good for breeding. IF I go through the process, and find out my dog is a not quality for breeding then I do not have to breed him, that is fine. However if he is good quality and I can breed him, it would just be nice to know what all is required to stud him out so we have the option if that is what we decide to do. From now on, I will go directly to a local breeder for advice and not look on here for advice from people who probably are not qualified to give such advice. Thank again to those who were helpful. I do not need any further advice from this online forum.
frpringle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I think everyone is being way too judgemental and harsh here. The OP is coming here looking for advice on how to breed correctly (and taking it!) and you're going to bash him for it and accuse him of things without having any idea? There are much better ways around such a topic than blatant interrogation that puts people on the defensive and drives them away.

THANK YOU! I am not driven by the money, I do not need the money. I am simply wondering since I was told he was to be studded out already when I got him that I was doing things the right way and not just studding him to whoever. I wanted to make sure it was going to be a legit. I don't have to breed him, but if there was already an agreement made (which I know I can refuse since he is now my dog) that it was done correctly. I appreciate you post. There have been a few helpful posts, which I have already start following their advice, but for the most part it's been a lot of people who are negative and were not helpful at all.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

And there goes another!

So sad to see someone come here for advice and get run off, yet again.
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started ~
http://www.youtube.com/GSDGunner
GSDGunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

By the way, if you do decide to stick around (and I hope you do), there is an "ignore" feature you can utilize. Anyone you don't want to hear from, simply put on ignore and you won't see their posts.
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started ~
http://www.youtube.com/GSDGunner
GSDGunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDGunner View Post
By the way, if you do decide to stick around (and I hope you do), there is an "ignore" feature you can utilize. Anyone you don't want to hear from, simply put on ignore and you won't see their posts.

Thank you, I will be using that for sure! I was just looking for direction and advice, but I had a feeling people would act like that. I really appreciate it
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How old is your GSD? And who are the people asking for him to be their stud? That would be my first clue as to how "studable" he is. Usually the bitch's owners are the ones that end up with the duty to sell the pups, so if they think your dog is breedworthy, depending on their integrity, I would like to hear more about your dog.

From your first post there are some bad signs. All dogs, even imported ones have paper, so why the dam of your dog doesn't have papers is questionable. If he has been OFA tested, you should have some sort of documentation on that. It's really weird that 2 people want to breed to your dog since he doesn't have papers...AKC registration or any registration is the first thing most regular buyers look for in order to see how good the breeder is. I'm also pretty sure that most sports require a registration number to compete in.

Start digging to figure out what your dog actually comes from. Just being from import parents doesn't mean anything, there are tons of dogs from import parents, and its not hard to import a dog yourself for about the same price as a puppy purchased in the United States.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.