Kennel Name Help? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master Member

I sent you a PM, I feel bad for stealing this thread

Starting the search for my next family member!
Danielle
Danielle609 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocron View Post
I like the first one, it rolls off the tongue very easily and is easy to read/pronounce right off the bat.
I like it too, and even though I didn't end up using it, I'm a writer and my fiction-loving mind has come up with an idea for it I think . . . look for it on the New York Times bestseller list! hehe
vomtraumfänger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomheinolf View Post
Love the name vom Traumfänger! Good choice.
Thank you!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle609 View Post
I sent you a PM, I feel bad for stealing this thread
Don't feel bad at all, no biggie, I was done using it anyway lol

Hmmmm . . . here's a random question . . . how can I quote and reply to three different people without posting 3 different times? (Looks down) I feel like such a noob right now . . .
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

I prefer vom Eisenraben or vom Traumfanger. I'd probably have gone with vom Eisenraben b/c 'Iron Raven' resonates with me, though dreamcatcher is also lovely.

Lies, I love your Big Star kennel name, including its back story. You'll just have to breed & make it a reality(jk).
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
I prefer vom Eisenraben or vom Traumfanger. I'd probably have gone with vom Eisenraben b/c 'Iron Raven' resonates with me, though dreamcatcher is also lovely.

Lies, I love your Big Star kennel name, including its back story. You'll just have to breed & make it a reality(jk).
I will be honest, I am still torn even though now I'm committed, haha. Losing sleep over it still lol . . . dreams and nightmares over kennel names like "did I pick the right one?" And then it didnt help when I discovered a border collie kennel in Germany spelled vom Traumfaenger. It depressed me. I wanted a name that no one else had so I should have gone with Eisenraben drat.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)

You can still change it, lol
You're not "locked" into keeping the 1st kennel name. If you want to change it, change it.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsGSD View Post
You can still change it, lol
You're not "locked" into keeping the 1st kennel name. If you want to change it, change it.
I mean of course I could. It's not that I like Eisenraben better, I'm just afraid my kennel name is too generic hence might be readily copycat'd which would stink

But maybe if that happened, by the time it happened I'd have a "perfect" new name anyway lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

oh I hear ya. When I finally had it narrowed down to a couple names, I went back & forth for about a month before deciding, lol
I also did a thorough search when deciding on my kennel name. I found one place with a similar name, but they only did boarding.
Your thread had me curious, so I searched the name again. I found a kennel in Canada with the same exact kennel name
Not much I can do about it, I'm not about to change my kennel name.
I like both names. Just go with the one that feels right to YOU & bugger anyone else
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #40 (permalink)

Oh wow, bummer I mean, I'm sure it's not the end of the world, it does happen. It happens a LOT with American breeds it seems so we should feel fortunate. On random Google searches I have seen pages of duplicates within the same breed group . . . THAT is horrifying to me haha.

But having to worry about one other kennel, not too bad. It's a big world, bound to happen.

Honestly neither of those names is quite the holy grail of kennel names to me, they are both beautiful, and I LOVE them, but I wanted something to me that just felt like . . . I have arrived. And neither feel that way yet. I decided Eisenraben is just a bit too sinister-sounding for me. Has me thinking wrought iron and scary things lol. So for now, the one I picked I'm happy with. But I would still love to have one that just says it all in two words. Maybe it's just too early in my life to find it. Honestly, when I think of what makes me "feel" the most, and just sums it all up for me I think of my son Jamie. I almost just named my kennel after him. But I was told I could do better than naming my pups Fido von Jamie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.