Kennel Name Help? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have an umlaut in my kennel name. I like the meaning so just dealt with the fact that the AKC won't recognize them.

I like the last one myself.
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

i like all of these names. i think you should pick
a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post

Vom Eisenraben (iron raven -Two dogs who meant a great deal to me were named Iron Rail and Kobe's Nevermore aka "Raven")

Von Besessenheit (obsession)

Von Berauschend (intoxicating)

Von Fantasie (fantasy)

Vom Traumfänger (dreamcatcher)

doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

if it's easy to pronounce it's not exotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac's Mom View Post
Where will the Kennel be located? My opinion is that the name should be easy to figure out how pronounce especially if you hope to get word of mouth referrals.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #24 (permalink)

Traumfänger German Shepherds it is! Thank you all so much, you've been so helpful.
vomtraumfänger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I have an umlaut in my kennel name. I like the meaning so just dealt with the fact that the AKC won't recognize them.

I like the last one myself.
The AKC should get with the program lol.
vomtraumfänger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle609 View Post
So I don't have much input on the Kennel name, but I love Big Star! I have a cottage up there I bought from my Aunt a couple of years ago. My parents have a cottage up there...all my summers have/are spent up there! I just stopped up their yesterday to drop a trailer off, they got quite a bit of snow up there! I love your Hypothetical kennel name
For real?! Do any of you rent? We had SUCH a hard time finding enough space for this summer. None of us actually own property but my family has been there every summer since the 50s, maybe earlier. They know pretty much everyone who's been on the lake longer than a few years (so many people come and go) and we get invited to the association meetings, lol. My dad and uncle are putting some pressure on the owners of a cottage my family rented for probably 20 years running, trying to get them to sell.

I'll be there July 28-August 11, just put in my vacay slips.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

I like the first one, it rolls off the tongue very easily and is easy to read/pronounce right off the bat.

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HEINOLFGSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Traumfänger German Shepherds it is! Thank you all so much, you've been so helpful.
Love the name vom Traumfänger! Good choice.
Sadie (b. 02-08-10)
Jerry Lee (b. 05-08-10)
Emila (b. 04-12-11)
Kodey (b. 04-03-12)
Thompson (b. 11-21-12)
Phee (b. 04-29-13)
HEINOLFGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

Ask your parents if the know the Deederly's. My Dad grew up there so he knows a lot of people too. It has gotten so popular lately that I can't keep up with everyone. We are on White Aspen, which is right by Pine Groove Beach, or 1/2 mile before the boat launch if you take a left at the golf course. Right now I don't rent. We are still slowly piecing our cottage together. It is/was a fixer upper and we stripped it to the studs. We aren't made of gold (not even bronze ) and have been doing the work by ourselves and slowly. This summer, fingers crossed it should be complete! My Parents don't rent either, not sure why though. But where are you renting this year? All my favorite childhood memories are up there...one place I always feel at peace! I have 2 cottage right by me for sale, you should buy one and then when I eventually get a dog they could have play dates on the beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
For real?! Do any of you rent? We had SUCH a hard time finding enough space for this summer. None of us actually own property but my family has been there every summer since the 50s, maybe earlier. They know pretty much everyone who's been on the lake longer than a few years (so many people come and go) and we get invited to the association meetings, lol. My dad and uncle are putting some pressure on the owners of a cottage my family rented for probably 20 years running, trying to get them to sell.

I'll be there July 28-August 11, just put in my vacay slips.

Starting the search for my next family member!
Danielle
Danielle609 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'm renting my mom's cousin's place this year. If you walk out the door at Bozo's and turn right (towards the Chapel), it's about the 6th or so cottage on the left. Not the greatest spot on the lake for the beach aspect (no beach, steep hill, have to float out for sun b/c the dock is shaded) but he's got a really long property so I never have trouble with my dogs being outside off lead. He's only got one bathroom and we've got so many people now my mom caved and rented one of those mcmansion places but I'm still renting the other place b/c of my dogs, hopefully my income tax return will cover it! All the places we grew up at would be on your section of the lake but on the other side, facing south, on Chapel Road (just a sandy two-track, between the Chapel and the fire station). They're all tiny places - Jipping's, Greidanus', Owen's (the one we're after), Elhart's (one my family has rented since the 60s).

I'll tell you when I fell in love with GSDs.... are you familiar with the Burger place? It's a red house and a smaller red cottage, it would be across from you and to your right. Those people had a GSD called Chelsea. I say "had" because I don't believe there's any chance she could still be alive given the time frame. That was the dog that sold me on GSDs. We'd walk the beach down to their place frog hunting and she would come out and say hi. Then she'd follow us back to our place and play with us. At the time it seemed like everyone around there knew her so it was never a problem. When we got called in for supper we'd say "Chelsea go home now" and she'd trot back down the beach to the Burger's. There was a very old woman living in the home, she may be passed now too. Sometimes my cousin and I would talk to her. I'm sure the people that come now would have no idea who I am, but I still walk down that beach. They are on their third, maybe even forth generation of GSD. Chelsea, then her daughter Heidi, then her daughter Greta. One of them, I think Heidi, lost a leg in a boating accident and is a tripod dog.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.