Artica German Shepherds - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Artica German Shepherds

Hi All,

I have a white german shepherd from Artica Kennels in Canada. I am considering breeding my dog and have heard that Artica Kennel is no longer in business. My dog was born on Oct. 20, 2005. Her parent sire is Artica's Corona and parent dam is Artica's Tango. I would like to find out more about my dogs siblings amd would like to find a white stud dog from the Artica line. Do any of you own a white Artica German Shepherd?

Meika's Mom
Meika's Mom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Try searching The pedigree tool for professionals -

Ya never know.
Anthony8858 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Artica's German Shepherds

Anthony,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried the pedigree database; however, maybe I should try posting something on their Forum also. Since this is my first experience with a forum I'm not really sure how they work. For instance, I would have placed a picture of Meika on my original message but did not know how. Do I just use the attachment tool?

Meika's Mom

Last edited by Meika's Mom; 11-25-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Meika's Mom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

what makes your dog breed worthy???
doggiedad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meika's Mom View Post
Since this is my first experience with a forum I'm not really sure how they work. For instance, I would have placed a picture of Meika on my original message but did not know how. Do I just use the attachment tool?
You need to upload your pictures to a hosting website like photobucket. Then when you go to your picture on photobucket you'll see a thing that says img code. Copy the whole img code and paste it in a message here. It should look like: [i mg]http://www.something.com[/im g]. Then when you click post the picture will show up. Over in the Pictures! Pictures! section there's a step-by-step walkthrough for posting pictures.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried the pedigree database; however, maybe I should try posting something on their Forum also.
I would not. I've looked at your dog's ancestors on the database. No offense, but the people at pedigreedatabase would eat you alive. They would say rude and mean things because your dog is not bred under the SV system, nor is it a European working or show line dog. People over there are not nearly as nice as they are here.

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
You need to upload your pictures to a hosting website like photobucket. Then when you go to your picture on photobucket you'll see a thing that says img code. Copy the whole img code and paste it in a message here. It should look like: [i mg]http://www.something.com[/im g]. Then when you click post the picture will show up. Over in the Pictures! Pictures! section there's a step-by-step walkthrough for posting pictures.

I would not. I've looked at your dog's ancestors on the database. No offense, but the people at pedigreedatabase would eat you alive. They would say rude and mean things because your dog is not bred under the SV system, nor is it a European working or show line dog. People over there are not nearly as nice as they are here.
Sounds as if you found the pedigree information.
Maybe you can post a link for the OP.
Anthony8858 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

As far as pedigrees go, I'm no help at all. If you don't have his pedigree, then don't breed him. That should be the very first thing you should have before considering breeding.

But how old is your dog? Does he have hip/elbow certification from OFA or PennHip? Does he have any titles? Obedience, conformation, rally, agility, flyball, etc.? Those are the first absolute bare minimums you should have/consider before wanting to breed.
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
My dog was born on Oct. 20, 2005.
6 years of age is not the ideal time to start breeding your bitch. Why do you want to breed her? Has she been shown, titled, OFA'd? If none of those things, no reputable stud dog owner will give you the time of day. Without OFA certification and at least some kind of title or temperament test, or even any paperwork, the only studs you'll be able to find are similarly untitled, untested, backyard-bred dogs of questionable quality, and you don't want to go that route.

Artica is renowned for deliberately breeding dogs against the standard, so I wouldn't consider any of them breeding quality. Not to say there's anything wrong with your dog, I'm sure she is a lovely pet. She just doesn't need to be bred, that's all.
Freestep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
Sounds as if you found the pedigree information.
Maybe you can post a link for the OP.
I found the sire:
Artica's Corona - German Shepherd Dog

A few half-siblings:
Artica's Shania Of Creekwell - German Shepherd Dog
Artica's Pepper - German Shepherd Dog

And I think a cousin:
Artica's Mystic Mya - German Shepherd Dog

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Hi All,

I have a white german shepherd from Artica Kennels in Canada. I am considering breeding my dog and have heard that Artica Kennel is no longer in business. My dog was born on Oct. 20, 2005. Her parent sire is Artica's Corona and parent dam is Artica's Tango. I would like to find out more about my dogs siblings amd would like to find a white stud dog from the Artica line. Do any of you own a white Artica German Shepherd?

Meika's Mom
Welcome from Central Florida!!!

I didn't realize Artica had gone out of business.

You don't mention what area you live in, but there are several WGSD clubs that hold conformation shows along with the UKC and some rare breed clubs. You can enter her in some of these conformation shows sponsored by these clubs to ensure that her conformation meets the breed standard. The second thing you'll need to do is to have several health tests done (including OFA or OVC) to help ensure you'd have a good chance of having healthy puppies. The members of these clubs can also help you find a quality stud dog.
White German Shepherd Dog Club of America, Inc. || Welcome
White German Shepherd Dog Club International, Inc.
United Kennel Club: Home
WSCC White Shepherd Club of Canada
AWSACLUB.com: Home of the American White Shepherd Association
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.