Artica German Shepherds - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meika's Mom View Post

Welll...she is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverant and would make any boy scout proud!

If this is not enough she is healthy, intellegent and beautiful.

These are traits that make a fantastic pet. To be breed worthy she should be some of these things along with being in the breed standard, health tested (hips and elbows xrayed and evaluated), temperament tested, etc.

Here's a helpful guide:

"Should I breed my dog?" Flowchart

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Bah-humbug, another one of these threads. Good Luck OP, you just opened a WHOLE can of worms.

Please though, do me an HONEST TO GOD favor. Please go to your local kill shelter, just WALK through, look into those eyes and if you can HONESTLY breed your dog and bring more dogs into shelters like this one, nobody can stop you, but at least you'll do it with the knowledge at which situation your dogs puppies may end up in. I hear ALL the time, I'll only pick the best of homes, but people's situations change, people can die in car accidents and dogs end up in a kill shelter, SO many things can happen..... You picking somebody doesn't guarantee they won't end up there.... PLEASE, just go, look, because I fight ALL THE TIME, to pull these dogs that are going to be euthed because they've been there two weeks and can't find a home and they need to make room for more incoming dogs.....

Please, I beg of you, take 20 mins of your day, and go look. Maybe you'll consider helping these dogs out and being an advocate for them too...
WarrantsWifey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I disagree. This is why there are so many BYB's and dogs ending up in shelters ... Fluffy is such a wonderful pet, we just have to breed her!!! Breeding dogs is serious and should be done in a thorough and thoughtful manner, not just randomly selecting a bitch which has qualities like a Boy Scout and a dog who's from the same kennel and throwing them together because they might make nice babies.
I was not making a judgement as to whether she should breed her dog or not.

I was pointing out that she answered a common question asked by a member that is irrelevant, in a light hearted way.

The reason I say irrelevant is because it is asking someone to justify to an individual member why they think their dog is breed worthy. Does that member know how to determine a dogs worthiness. If so then it would be better to state their opinion on that. Tell the OP what you think makes a dog breed worthy and then there may be something to talk about.
Jack's Dad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Default Artica German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
How would you know if she meets the standards, if she hasn't been shown and evaluated by a judge?
Good question. The White Shepherd standards are listed on the web. There are few UKC events in the western part of the USA and white shepherds can not be shown for confirmation in the AKC.
Meika's Mom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

[QUOTE=WarrantsWifey;2319258]Bah-humbug, another one of these threads. Good Luck OP, you just opened a WHOLE can of worms.

Please do not assume that if someone breeds a dog they are not aware of the situations in shelters. Also, do not assume that they are not working to find homes for these animals as you may be dead wrong!
Old 11-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

[quote=Meika's Mom;2319277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrantsWifey View Post
Bah-humbug, another one of these threads. Good Luck OP, you just opened a WHOLE can of worms.

Please do not assume that if someone breeds a dog they are not aware of the situations in shelters. Also, do not assume that they are not working to find homes for these animals as you may be dead wrong!
Ummm, EXCUSE ME, I didn't say anything of that SORT. Maybe she/he just needs a reminder or maybe she/he DOES NOT KNOW. I do not know this person, as you do not know me. So next time, relax. I was not attacking the OP. You need not come after me.
WarrantsWifey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Let's stop all the personal back and forth, and keep the thread on topic.

The OP is looking for more info on Artica GSDs. The OP may also be open to helpful and tactful information about the pros and cons of breeding a pet dog without implied accusations or guilt tripping.

Thank you.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Castlemaid;2319308]Let's stop all the personal back and forth, and keep the thread on topic.

Thank you Lucia!

Athony, I could also use some additonal help wth posting a photo. I now have a photo on photo bucket, but could not find the directions you were referring to on Pictures! Pictures!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meika's Mom View Post

Athony, I could also use some additonal help wth posting a photo. I now have a photo on photo bucket, but could not find the directions you were referring to on Pictures! Pictures!
Copying from PB is easy peasy. Each photo has 4 options for copying the link. Click in the [IMG] (it will copy) then past into the body of the post. It will show up before posting as a link, in the post it will show the pic.
angelas is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
Copying from PB is easy peasy. Each photo has 4 options for copying the link. Click in the [IMG] (it will copy) then past into the body of the post. It will show up before posting as a link, in the post it will show the pic.
Sounds easy but I must be doing something wrong. Do I past the link right here where I'm currently typing or do I need to go to the Pictures! Pictures! page? Also, what is a trackbacK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.