Would you breed a non akc dog - Page 14 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #131 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds View Post
Your breeder could have gotten a duplicate registration from the AKC, I'd ask them why they didn't. If they didn't want to do that the dam's registered name can be typed into their database and for $12 you can at least get it's pedigree.

Just saw on another post that you just bred your dog, was it the one you're talking about in this post?
Yes, this puppy is the one he just bred to a "imported" service dog."

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
You have a **** of a dog, ok. But what does your dog do? What does your dog do that is so vital to your existence that you need to go out of bounds when it comes to breeding?

I mean, maybe a dog is awesome at recognizing and alerting to seizures, or finding cancer, and their genes should be passed down to see if any of the offspring is as good.

We ALL have awesome pets. And most of us concede that even thought they DO have papers, that isn't necessarily enough to use them for breeding.

If a dog is eligible for AKC or SV, the breeder will register the dog if they are going to use them for breeding. If a dog used for breeding is not registered, then all those cutesy excuses, like "we lost the papers" are actually, more than likely, lies. People intending to breed their dogs do not lose the papers and if they do, they will contact the breeder and ask them to get them a duplicate certificate.

What happens is that someone buys a BYB dog and is too cheap to pay an extra $50 or $100 to have the papers, because they aren't planning on breeding when they buy the pup. Or, someone buys a dog on a limited registration, which is sold with the intention that the dog not be bred. They often pay less for the limited registration, or the dog might have some type of issue that the breeder does not want to breed, and so gives a discount and a limited registration. The breeder who breeds a dog that has a limited registration, is one that I won't support with my money. I see it as underhanded.
he said he tried getting the papers again from the store where they purchased the mother from and the store closed out, and thats true because its from a local store. this guy isnt a byb he is actually very educated and has been breeding for several years and guarantees the dogs , his name is issac watts i believe and he is in plant city florida , ALL IGNORANT COMMENTS I WILL IGNORE I REALLY DONT KNOW YALL AND DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO PROOVE I CAN CARE LESS I LIVE A HAPPY LIFE AND IM NOT GETTING BANNED AGAIN .

Chuly 9-17-12
Lucky Paw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #133 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ever heard of puppy mills? That is where stores get their dogs.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #134 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
If you don't believe Sunflowers, read this:
Investigating Puppy Mills - Oprah.com

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
private stores ??? arent they akc too . this discussion is about akc

Chuly 9-17-12
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #136 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Paw View Post
he said he tried getting the papers again from the store where they purchased the mother from and the store closed out, and thats true because its from a local store. this guy isnt a byb he is actually very educated and has been breeding for several years and guarantees the dogs , his name is issac watts i believe and he is in plant city florida , ALL IGNORANT COMMENTS I WILL IGNORE I REALLY DONT KNOW YALL AND DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO PROOVE I CAN CARE LESS I LIVE A HAPPY LIFE AND IM NOT GETTING BANNED AGAIN .
Well, here's the thing, the vast majority of puppies sold in stores are not AKC. They are generally CKC (Continental Kennel Club) or other registries. Decent breeders do not buy puppies from pet stores. Ever. Sorry, that is the truth.

Pet stores are supplied by high volume puppy mills. That is the truth too. The dogs that produce those puppies live a hellish existence. Sad, but true.

No breeder who cares about his puppies allows strangers to sell them to the first person with enough cash or credit in a store. It just does not happen.

The reason this yayhoo did not provide papers for your dog is because he could not. He supports puppy mills.

This is not your dog's fault. Your dog is a lovely pet. Enjoy him. Love him.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #137 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Paw View Post
private stores ??? arent they akc too . this discussion is about akc
No. There are breeders, and there are stores that sell puppies. Stores that sell puppies need to order a pup of a certain breed to fill the spot of the pup that got sold today. They do this by using puppy-wholesalers. These people go around to puppy mills and buy dogs for $50 a pup or so, and gather them together, ship them in disgusting conditions, separate them for the various stores, and then ship them, usually dehydrated and sick to the end stores.

Even small private pet stores -- not part of any chains, sell puppies that come out of puppy mills. That is ALL they sell.

Good breeders do not allow their puppies to be sold by minimum wage workers to the first person with enough cash. Not ever.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
No. There are breeders, and there are stores that sell puppies. Stores that sell puppies need to order a pup of a certain breed to fill the spot of the pup that got sold today. They do this by using puppy-wholesalers. These people go around to puppy mills and buy dogs for $50 a pup or so, and gather them together, ship them in disgusting conditions, separate them for the various stores, and then ship them, usually dehydrated and sick to the end stores.

Even small private pet stores -- not part of any chains, sell puppies that come out of puppy mills. That is ALL they sell.

Good breeders do not allow their puppies to be sold by minimum wage workers to the first person with enough cash. Not ever.
with all your respect i dont thing this was the case .

CLICK HERE >>Show me your black and tan dogs/puppies.

look at post #33 and tell me if akc would make this dog any more or less . @ 11 months old this dog is way ahead of the game my friend physically and mentally ,i took some pics playing around with him but you can see this dog is in better shape then half of the dogs being studded out there .

Chuly 9-17-12
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #139 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It isn't about 'AKC' as a pass to breed, it is about 'AKC' mapping the dogs pedigree, and the breeder knowing how best to match it with other dogs to bring out the best....proving you have the background of the lines to show health and temperament.
GSD's need a bit more careful planning to bring out the best...haven't you seen the fear biters, skittish afraid of their own shadow OCD GSD's?? Or the ones with so many health issues they are just a mess? AKC isn't a be all end all, but it does have a true history to the actual dog that is being bred. take it or leave it, at least you can actually see what the dog is from their genetic map.

Last edited by onyx'girl; 11-16-2012 at 11:40 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Lucky remember the Petfinder link I sent you?
I'd encourage you to visit your shelters, get to know some of these dogs.

The German Shepherd, like many overbred dogs out there, is in bad shape, genetically speaking.
You should only be breeding the "best of the best", health wise and temperament wise.

We have an awesome dog, temperament wise. But his elbows are shot and he's barely over a year of age. He won't live beyond 3-4 yrs. at this rate. That's from people breeding without knowing the genetics behind the dogs they have.

It's critical you learn more about this and find out how to become a responsible breeder, and stop breeding dogs without history (titles/pedigrees) behind them.
That's all I can say...and the best I can say it.

It is a free country. You can do whatever you want (other than break laws )
But for the love of the breed, please be responsible with your dogs.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.