Suggestion for Rescue Forum - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
You are 100% correct and it's called petfinder.

This has been discussed many times in the past and the decision was made to have this be a place to highlight and let the GSD's in shelters/rescues shine in a place of their own.

There are many other wonderful forums and rescue boards that do a great job with the mixes.
I do wish that were true. Petfinder hasn't been a good resource. It tends to attract many foreign scams. I tried it twice and did not receive a legitimate response. Not one.

Rescues rarely call you/email you back. Just is what it is. I know, I've tried. They have their hands full with the purebreds.

I don't fault the board for this decision, but the real truth is, there are not many options at all for the mixes.

Only that it would be nice that a rescue forum was titled "GSD mixes."

Again, it's ok. My GSD mix is staying, but prior to me deciding that, I longed to be able to list him on a GSD mix forum on a board such as this, that gets a lot of traffic and so many know one another. I find it unfortunate that I cannot do that.
chelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle View Post
Again, it's ok. My GSD mix is staying, but prior to me deciding that, I longed to be able to list him on a GSD mix forum on a board such as this, that gets a lot of traffic and so many know one another. I find it unfortunate that I cannot do that.
We love mixes here and they can be highlighted and bragged about galore!

The ONLY place we are strict about the being GSD (and we don't demand papers, just the 'look' ) is on our rescue site.
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

I would also urge the board to reconsider the "purebred only" requirement. As many members here actually have mixes it seems discordant with the spirit of the rest of the forum.
LifeofRiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

I also personally believe the "purebred only" requirement lends itself to an anti-rescue feel that others have noted about this forum. I say this because it is a rare case that one can "prove" that a rescue dog is purebred.
LifeofRiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
I love that you are trying to help these dogs!

I know some of the problems I see are when dogs ARE rescued or homed, people add a post at the end of the thread but then FAIL TO DO A MODERATOR NOTIFY so we don't move it into the Follow Up section. The goal IS to unclutter the Urgent as needed so the dogs that still need help will rise to the top and be highlighted.

Hopefully people will be more aware now and not just add a final 'dog not listed' or 'dog in rescue' but ALSO do the Moderator Notification so we can move it.

I'm thinking the OP's probably multi-post and don't think to go back to each post and follow up.

And the rest of us see the message "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." when we alert Mod's to move Urgents. Mixed messages.

Mac - 4 year old GSD
Bart - 9ish year old GSD/Akita
& 3 Cats Buffy, Rusty & Magoo

Last edited by Mac's Mom; 06-06-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: typos
Mac's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.