German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy Names

Poll: Puppy Names

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Malachi'sMama 
#1 ·
I bought my new puppy just recently and named him Atlas. My wife argues with me that it's not strong enough and likes the name Duke. He's Black and Tan and 9 weeks old. Any opinions on the two names? Thanks. KC

#9 ·
Duke is a title of royalty. Atlas is a God. Which one is more powerful? I vote Atlas!

#10 ·
I like Atlas :)

#11 ·
Duke is soooooo common! Atlas is a strong name, used more in Germany I think...and I like it better

Lee

#14 ·
Back when I first got my first GSD bitch puppy, I named her Arwen. I got all kinds of flack from my family. When she passed on, everyone in the family loved her, and her name and she grew together into all of our hearts.

I like Atlas, more than Duke. It is highly a personal preference. But I like names that are two syllables for dogs, though some of mine have three, and then there is Joy, who I call Joy-Joy or Joyful. And Bear who is called Bear Cub. And Babs who is Babs or Babsy. I just think for some reason two syllables works better. Odessa is called Odie. And Hepzibah is called Hepsi.

Atlas sounds like someone very strong with great beauty. I like it.

#16 ·
Again thank you all for your replies and helping me confirm what I already knew was a good, unique name. Luckily, I stuck with Atlas and not the first thing that popped in my head, which was Crash Bandit.....:). This was my first day on this website and first post. I hope to learn a lot about the breed I love so much, specifically puppies. Another first. I've always rescued adults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.