German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Take a Poll (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/take-poll/)
-   -   How Does Your GSD Act With Strangers? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/take-poll/442521-how-does-your-gsd-act-strangers.html)

Jusdy 04-24-2014 04:11 PM

How Does Your GSD Act With Strangers?

How does your GSD act with strangers?

Kahrg4 04-24-2014 04:48 PM

Cafall ignores them for the most part. With continued interaction though he does eventually invite them into his friendship circle. ;)

HarleyTheGSD 04-24-2014 04:54 PM

Harley is terrified of strangers. Even people whom he has met numerous times. The poor thing has a bad case of Fear Aggression. :( He does warm up to people if they are around 24/7 every day.
Varick is aloof at first, protective of the property, but loves them once he gets to know them.

Curtis 04-24-2014 05:03 PM

Mild interest, but mostly ignores them after the initial meeting.

My 15 year old son came home from school today with two friends who have never been to our house. The kids went and sat by the pool, and Empire just lay in the shade watching.

Anyone can walk into my house. Our Min Pin gives the warning barks.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

misslesleedavis1 04-24-2014 05:15 PM

Yesterday in the park a lovely old woman came out of no were and said "hi!" Tyson reacted large by standing up spinning around and giving her his most serious bark. She continued talking and he smelled her feet and proceeded to lay down. So, I would say little to non interest. Did meet a steller neighbor tho so im glad she came over.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Josie/Zeus 04-24-2014 05:19 PM

He is neutral, a little annoyed sometimes when they keep on and on and on petting him.

AngelaA6 04-24-2014 05:34 PM

Gunther loves everyone haha everyone we meet he's always kissing their hands and after getting my permission he lets them pet him and he loves it :)

Melissa98409 04-24-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5426681)
Harley is terrified of strangers. Even people whom he has met numerous times. The poor thing has a bad case of Fear Aggression. :( He does warm up to people if they are around 24/7 every day.
Varick is aloof at first, protective of the property, but loves them once he gets to know them.

Jericho is like this too. It seems that he is only like this with me. My boyfriend can apparently fend for himself, because Jericho doesn\'t make a sound.

JakodaCD OA 04-24-2014 05:44 PM

at home, there seems to be \'no strangers\' for masi,,checks them out, off she goes, no real interest.

in public, suspicious, don\'t bother me, "i don\'t exist and neither do you"..

llombardo 04-24-2014 05:52 PM

My female is older and the more serious one. She knows the difference between family, friends, and acquaintances. If its family she acknowledges them and watches over them carefully, friends are acknowledged and she is on her way, acquaintances are lucky to be acknowledged, she has no use for them. My male is younger and he enjoys meeting people, he just sits and waits for them to come pet him. He almost looks offended if they keep walking. Both have stared a few people down if they didn\'t know or trust them. Neither of them are shy or aggressive, they can be aloof, the female is definitely more aloof then the male. When it comes to kids, they both love them and love being around them.