German Shepherds Forum banner

Has Your GSD Ever Attacked Someone Before?

• Yes, both genders have.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Has Your GSD Ever Attacked Someone?

6K views 34 replies 34 participants last post by  TankGrrl66 
#1 ·
Has your GSD, male or female, attacked someone before?

#2 ·
no never

#4 ·
About 10 years ago when I still had Jake, my sister had her boyfriend come over and it was something about that guy that Jake didn't like because as soon as that man walked in the door, Jake latched onto his arm and he ended up getting ten stitches.

#10 ·
Before I started crating him when people come over, Eko tried to. I had a hold of his collar and he jumped up and forward, pulling me forward and snapped at a friend's face. He has not been allowed to be out when I have visitors since. He is friendly to people on walks but he is so territorial of the house now. He is 2 and not neutered.

#13 ·
Nope not of my dogs have ever been anyone. My GSD was the closest I ever came to having a dog that not only seemed like he could but actually wanted to take a chunk out of JQP!!

I did this: Leerburg | Who Pets Your Puppy or Dog
to insure that never happened. Very pleased with how he turned out!:) I get tons of compliments on him on walks... although at 125 lbs and Blk ,not to many folks are eager to pet him! :blush:

But he doesn't care either way and I clearly identify him as an "OS" working line GSD. Forestall the my GSD, is small folks. :)

#14 ·
Nope, never. Zena made a very convincing threat and would have bitten if I'd told her to though.

#18 ·
I put no , because none of MINE have. I have owned 2 on my own as an adult..But , the 8 family owned GSDs that were in my house while I was growing up over a 17 year period did have bite histories. Joggers..delivery people . The GSD my uncle had attacked housekeeping at a hotel we were in. Dog was locked in the room whole we had breakfast and the do not disturb sign was ignored. Not a great thing , it was not a controlled act of protection.

Uhmm..my English Mastiff went after the pizza delivery guy . I had signed the credit card slip for the pizza and kept his pen. He had been our delivery guy for a few years so he came right back in through the door that I had not locked yet because I was carrying the pizza..and said loud and jokingly "hey you stole my pen!" . The 130 pound mastiff I had just adopted went full tilt down the hall at him , tackled him , and grabbed his arm after the spilled down the front steps. No broken skin , it was cold out and his coat was thick. There was extensive bruising on his arm though , and he bruised his tailbone badly on the front cement steps.

The pizza place owner was really decent..he was mad his delivery person ( who was his nephew) for walking back into the house through the closed front door instead of ringing the bell again. I am sure it helped that the pizza place owner had been in town for over 40 years , knew my dad , and owned Cane Corsos of his own.

Even though the kid was should not have bombed back in like that , we did dodge a legal bullet.

My Mastiff is a classic fear biter . We really do not leave the property as she hates leaving it anyway , and when we have strangers over ( she is fine with our friends and family ) we take absolute precautions now.

#23 · (Edited)
Always sucks having a conflict with a neighbour.

My neighbour's wife is afraid of dogs. She is even afraid of my Toy Poodle. One day my GS was out in the yard and bolted for her. It was nothing aggressive, but she ran into her house. My dog was sitting at their front door, which is mostly glass and he was barking at her. She called the cops but they didn't make a big deal out of it. The neighbour on the other side made a complaint about our dogs being off leash. Nobody on my street has a fence, so I could sympathize with them.

I've only had one dog that ever bit anyone. When I was 4, the family husky bit my face as I was bothering her. It scared me but didn't hurt me in any way. Oddly enough, that never had an effect on me when it came to dogs.

#20 · (Edited)
I didn't know really how to respond to this so I put no. But Titan went full protection mode when a stranger was walking toward me one time after SAR Training, I was startled by it because it was as we turned the corner into a supposed vacant field. He slipped my hold on his collar chased the guy down and nipped him only when he tried to move Titan out of the way. And by nip, I mean nipped his hip, didn't break skin, and when the guy didn't move Titan came back to me. Very odd.. never happened before or after.

Took to trainers and all that and all say it was not aggressive but protection and taking things into his own hands.. They loved him and said he was an awesome dog... Soooo I don't know if that classifies him biting someone in the context I think this thread was started.

#24 · (Edited)
No to "attack". But.....Kacie bit our friend in the butt(luckily in the wallet!). We had a bad storm roll thru earlier in the day and he came over to see the damage. Kacie was fine with him until he started walking further into the yard....and she did a dirty tag. I know it was my fault. Storms scare her and I bet her adrenaline was still spiked. I should not have had her out there with the friend. It was very sudden and unexpected, and I learned my lesson. I manage the dogs well, because I know both Kacie and Onyx would bite if they had the chance, and they are NEVER around young children, ever!
This was the deck, just a portion of our damaged yard:

#25 ·
I was waiting with my 5 months old Lucy for my friend at the door of the Post Office. One of my acquaintances came from my back and placed his hand on my shoulder to say "Hallo". Lucy was fast as a lightning - she lunged and grabbed him by his stomach. Luckily, just his shirt. I shouted "No!!!", probably, too loudly. And, it was the first and the last time she attacked. To my dissapointment, she showed very low interest in bite work, failed Schutzhund protection and I had to leave the club. Anyone, any stranger can pet her, except tall men of a strong built. But she just barks at them, producing a low, lazy bark, I have never noticed any attempt to bite since that accident at the Post Office.

#26 ·
I voted no, but my first GSD, a female, totally would have if someone entered the back yard uninvited. She was very protective and I was a kid myself. If my little nieces and nephews were in the backyard, even neighbors that were previously allowed in at will were kept at bay. She was very controllable, definitely not an out of mind/body experience, but a determination to protect her turf/family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.