German Shepherds Forum banner

Is Your GSD A Groaner?

18K views 92 replies 86 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
Who up here has a GSD (or any dog) who groans? I just noticed that two of ours do it every time they move. It seems for common in Sheperds than other breeds.

#84 ·
My boy all the way. He gives the LOUDEST contented sigh I have ever heard!

#9 ·
Stella moans and groans all the time. Especially at night if I disturb her beauty sleep.

#10 ·
Hunter is super vocal... groans, moans, whines, talks, everything you can imagine...

#22 ·
Jerry isn't extremely vocal. He will whine occasionally, like the other day when he was in the car with me and I stopped at the neighbor's house and he wanted to get out and play with their dog, and he will grumble at night when he's ready to go to bed and we're still up with the lights on. He also comes over for me to rub his bad ear and he groans while I'm doing it. He has a little huff he does when he doesn't agree with us on what he should be doing.

He's pretty quiet for the most part.

#23 ·
Sib is hugely vocal...mouthy like a teenager only she is too old now for that phase...she just has something to say about everything...she makes me laugh most of the time..sometimes I just want her to do what I say and be quiet...

#24 ·
#26 ·
VERY Verbal indeed
And yes yes yes she "Deflates" like Scarletts Mom said. Along with Snores too.
Maggie just found her "Outside Voice" as we tell her so what ever you do don't point your finger at her if you're at my house!!! Oh and don't pretend to talk she hates that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.