Which GSD do you feel is more affectionate, males or females? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which GSD do you feel is more affectionate, males or females?
Male GSD's are more affectionate. 41 60.29%
Female GSD's are more affectionate. 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
I have all girls now, but I have had boys. My boys were not more affectionate than my girls. I think it is really dependent on the individual. I couldn't vote.
nore were the girls more affectionate, I stand with your vote, none is better than the other.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #32 (permalink)

I could not say wich is better we have only had females we lost sapphire last year, who was not the cuddley type,but loved to play with you games etc going on walks. we now have zola who does like cuddles and follows you everywhere, very loving she wants to be with us so much it becomes hard work sometimes, we have never had a male but im sure some will be big soppy dogs myself i think it depends on the dogs personality

Last edited by Safzola; 01-20-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Safzola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #33 (permalink)

Default Which GSD do you feel is more affectionate, males or females?

My female GSD is affectionate with me but with male humans she is super affectionate. It's like I don't even exist :/ so I've wondered if I had a male GSD it would be the opposite....maybe more affectionate towards me and less with males? Who knows....

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Roxy714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

I couldn't really vote either. I am a female and have my first GSD which is also a female. And she is very affectionate, she loves to cuddle with me. In fact if she dosen't get her cuddle time in the morning (mama's time) she will let me know she's not to happy about that! lol. She does love my husband and will give him kisses, but she seek's me out when she want's to cuddle ect. She's not like that with anybody else, just me She also watch's out for me, and she think's I need her to walk me places, she's a silly girl.

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

I have both a female and a young male. The young male is far more affectionate towards me than the female is (although, she is affectionate as well, just not as much as him.)

Both are more affectionate towards me than they are towards my husband, but that is mainly because I am their handler. They still love him.

The female is very gentle and sweet with my young children. The male is a bit more aloof with them, but very good natured.
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

I have a four year old female. Her world revolves around my husband. She likes me when he isn't home, but when he is there, I am invisible.

I also have a 9 month old male. He ignores the husband but with me he seems to think he is a poodle and likes to place his very large front half in my lap for cuddling and chest scratching. He is not always like this, only in the evening when he is unwinding after massive amounts of exercise.

I have never owned a female; I have always owned (neutered) males and they have all been super affectionate with ME, no matter what their breed. Odin is my first intact male and so far, he's pretty affectionate.
Odin&Storm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #37 (permalink)

I can blow the lab vs. GSD theory out of the water completely. My lab is wonderufl and I love her like another of my human children, but she is not a cuddler or very affectionate. She would rather you just patted her every now and hten and doesn't really like all that mushy snuggly kissy stuff My male GSD wants nothing more than to be snuggled and cuddled and kissed and in my lap.
TAR HEEL MOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

Corey is my first, but oh boy is she affectionate. Lots of licks, lots of snuggles (especially in the morning, when she's feeling most needy). She likes to have as much contact as possible and gets demanding for affection if I'm not paying attention to her.

Then again, back when I had a labrador, he (a male) was pretty much the same.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.