Which GSD do you feel is more affectionate, males or females? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which GSD do you feel is more affectionate, males or females?
Male GSD's are more affectionate. 40 59.70%
Female GSD's are more affectionate. 27 40.30%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Personally I find the boys easier to live with than the girls, but have found both sexes to be affectionate. IMHO it depends on the individual dog ... right now Faith is my snuggle bunny but have also had males equally as snuggly and cuddly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have had over many years and absolutely can't answer that. Like said it totally depends on the dog and not the sex.
m1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

I couldn't answer that because I had/have two females and one male Shepherd and the females, although they love me, really show more affection to my husband while the male won;t even go outside when my husband tries to get him out to do his business, he looks for me only to tell him and he is much more affectionate to me.
GSDMUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have a female so no experience living with male GSDs. My female is a lovebug and my shadow. If I am sitting on the sofa reading, she will jump up on her side of the sofa and crawl over to me and paw me for attention and then throw herself into my lap. I can't go anywhere without her. She anticipates my moves. The only thing she doesn't like is hugs, she doesn't like her head held (but she'll take body hugs).
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #25 (permalink)

My five month old male dog isn't all that physically affectionate. When he sleeps in the bed, he insists on laying at my feet and not snuggling right next to me.... but his love is seen in his eyes and how he follows me around. He wants to be near me,, just not touching me ..lol.
He is quick with kisses though.
Yoschi's_Pet_Human is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #26 (permalink)

I can't technically vote because I've never owned a male, and Suki is our first dog...but I can tell you that for about the first 8 months we had Suki she was not into physical affection/closeness at all. But at around 9 months, it was a like a switch went off and now she can't get enough cuddling. She loves to snuggle, be close, touching you, licking hands and feet, etc. I love it - she's my snuggle bug.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Not a large sample size- I only have my one female. She's really not that affectionate- at least not physically. She doesn't cuddle; she doesn't seek me out for petting. Now don't get me wrong, she LOVES me. But she's not particularly affectionate.

I've hung out ponyfarm's Max on a number of occasions and I'd say he is quite affectionate. I can imagine him trying to lay in your lap on the couch.

My opinion is that males are definitely more affectionate. But again that's based on a very small sample size. YMMV

[EDIT]- to the people who are saying that it depends on the individual dog- ummm... yeah- obviously. Pretty sure the OP is looking for a generalization. The poll is already showing a decent generalization, weighing towards males.

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #28 (permalink)

We've had 2 males, and we're on our second female (baby Abby) With the 3 prior dogs we've had, the males were more affectionate with the family. Abby who is just 10 weeks old, only time will tell. She has her moments when she wants to be off by herself and then she has her moments when she wants to lay near or beside us. Thats just the puppy in her. We really won't know till she's older.
swharshbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Knighted Member

so far, my male gsds have been more affectionate than my females.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have all girls now, but I have had boys. My boys were not more affectionate than my girls. I think it is really dependent on the individual. I couldn't vote.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.