Inside, Outside, or Both - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Where do your dogs live?
Inside 106 74.13%
Outside 4 2.80%
Both 33 23.08%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Elite Member

Inside dogs here. Eventually I will probably put a dog door in for when I am home. Most of the day I leave the slider open So they can go out if they want. They both sleep inside their crates at night.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #32 (permalink)

Thumbs up Inside, Outside,or both

Inside for me! When my wife and I married (30 years ago), her dad had always had hunting dogs outside and they'd never had inside pets. I, on the other hand, had always had inside pets! It took a little while (and a great first dog) to change her mind, but all our pets have been inside. Unfortunately, the dander/hair from Ranger is a real problem for her allergies, but she puts up with it for my sake and takes lots of allergy pills when necessary.
rangersdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master Member

Mine are indoor dogs, we did have a spitz/mix long time ago that hated being left inside! When really cold or bad weather we'd bring him in but if you left him alone he'd rip down curtains, etc! Once I left him in garage because of weather and he "peeled" the bottom of door back to get outside, teeth holes in the metal. He just really liked being outside!
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master Member

mine have always been inside dogs. if i was outside in the yard when i had my house they were out with me, but never alone outside . between the bears ,coyotes and people stealing dogs i never left mine unattended outside. if i am in they want to be in, if i am out then they are out with me.since i dont have a fenced in yard anymore i have tie outs now for where i live so they can be out with me when i am out on the patio
Honey
http://wallacethepitbull.blip.tv/file/147911/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdlh8_p8xQ
mebully21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I put both but they are mostly inside. They have a dog door to go outside when they want.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

Arexa is inside most of the time, if I have to leave for more than 2 hours she goes outside, (when she gets bored she starts to do things she is not suppose to) also at night my dog prefers to be outside because it is much cooler there, I can't get her to sleep inside, she has 2 dog houses there one big one, and one small one, she sleeps in the small one she loves to guard her property and chase the cats away, I have to drag her in the house on a rainy day for a night my dog is happy thats all I care about, I don't feel bad when she is outside, she loves it. I don't believe in just outdoor dog though... its kinda cruel to leave them all lonely...there is just no point in having a dog then unless she is guarding sheep or other animals....
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

Mine are all inside dogs. Before I got my female (I got her when she was 1), she was an outdoor dog. She still loves being outside, but I'm sure I'd come home to a dug up yard if I left her out while I was at work. My male on the other hand has been a indoor dog since he was 7 weeks old, and definitely prefers being indoors, except for when it snows, then he'd stay outside if he could until he got cold.
Theo241 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Elite Member

Inside dogs, but she spends alot of time outside. Someone at home, usually my brother's sitter, will put out my dog at around 12-3, and she'll stay outside until around 4 when my sister comes home. At home, she's confined to spare washroom when I'm not home, so the outside is more room to stretch and relieve herself.

She sleeps on my bed at night, and definitely gets tons of human attention.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

Well Schatzi stays outside during the day while I'm at work. I am sure she has more fun digging my yard rather than chewing my couch. However during the night she comes inside lays down and sleeps in there. I pretty much give her the freedom to pick where she wants to sleep.
lennoxbradley88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

Both of mine are inside dogs right now, but if I didn't live in the city, and had a properly contained yard or run, they would be both inside and outside. I'm gone for long periods of time for both work and school, so being about to leave them outside while I was gone instead of crated inside would be preferable. It's one of the main qualifications my boyfriend and I will be looking at in the near future when we're looking at homes.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.