German Shepherds Forum banner

Whats your favorite German Shepherd coat color?

• Black/Tan

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Black/Red

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Black

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Bi-Color

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Sable

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Black/Silver

Votes: 7 6.9%

Whats your favorite coat color on a German Shepherd?

10K views 53 replies 53 participants last post by  LoveGSD's 
#1 ·
I personally really like the bi-color ones.

#4 ·
Colour is the last thing I worry about to be honest, but I do like the darker sables like my Zefra. Not so much black, but fairly dark.

As far as pattern is concerned, I like the blanket backs like my Stark. The black/tan/red is nice as well.

I find the black dogs stunning but hard to photograph! ;)

#5 ·
My favourite colour is the sable, hands down. I absolutely love the wolfy appearance of a sable GSD. Next, black. After that, bi-colour. :D

#8 ·
The first GSD I fell in love with was all black and I love them that way. But I love all of the colors and prefer the "old breed" with their long coats.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

#9 ·
Bicolour and sable are tied for first place for me :)

#11 ·
My favorite GSD "look" would be a black and tan blanket back with deep rich black coloring. (Teddy is a saddle back.)

#12 ·
The options you listed are mostly patterns, not necessarily colors. (Where's the fawn, liver, and blue?) ;)
Pattern-wise, I like bi-colors and dark sables.
Color-wise, liver wins, HANDS DOWN. :)
I like the panda pattern, too. Now if I could find a long coat liver panda working line, I would DIE of happiness! But I know that'll never happen, haha.

#18 ·
My favorite is black & tan blanket back. Then after that is solid black, then bicolor and then sable. :)

#27 ·
I think a large problems with whites is the people that breed them ... being a fault in almost all aspects of the show/working world (note I said ALMOST), that leaves very few "good" breeders producing whites. A poorly bred dog is not only prone to health issues but temperament issues as well. I have NEVER met a white GSD that did not have some kind of fearful or nervous temperament. It also brings to questions the ethics of REWARDING a breeder for producing sick or fearful dogs for the sake of money or coat color alone.

That being said, I know here in Colorado there is a rescue that works with just white GSDs, and they always have a ton of great dogs up for adoption :) Like Max said, no good dog is a bad color.

My personal favorite, black sables! I actually am on the waiting list for one of Spartanville's upcoming litters, I am very excited to be getting a gorgeous black sable male in the next 7-9 months :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.