Can you watch Animal cops - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Feelings towards WATCHING show
Love it 12 24.49%
I like to see updates 8 16.33%
Its ok 9 18.37%
Can only watch some 10 20.41%
Grosses me out 1 2.04%
Cant watch get to emotional 7 14.29%
dont like the show 8 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can you watch Animal cops

Hey I was just watching a little animal cops and ended up turning it because it makes me sick at the way animals are treated. I dont understand if you cant at least feed the animal at the least why not give him up or why get one in the first place. I know lots of people share my feelings thats not what this is about.. I can stand the images just not the fact that some one sits there and watches it happen . Can anybody watch this show or do you usually turn it because you can't watch? Share your feelings towards the show and or events towards the show if you wish. Thanks -Marcus
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yeah, I watch it when it is on. It surprises me that people can let animals go like that. Or that they can abuse animals they way they do. It is pretty disgusting.

Hoarders that have animals, same thing, its horrifying. I think that it is even more horrifying that these people allow themselves to be seen on TV.

Now shows like It's me or the dog, and Cesar, they are hard for me to watch because you have people who are like the craziest dog owners out there, and all I want to do is slap them upside the head and pound some common sense into them.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

watching animal cops is what made me start volunteering with rescues.

sometimes i can watch a whole episode...sometimes i have to turn it off...but everytime i cry cry cry...
rooandtree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I like to catch the end, to see the animals all better getting homes. But I can only watch so much of it before I get really upset and/or angry. :/
Like Roo, it got me into volunteering for a local rescue. I'm no longer a volunteer there because I work too much and am now too far from it, but the vet I work at does adopt out kittens and so that makes me feel a bit better about it (:
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Now shows like It's me or the dog, and Cesar, they are hard for me to watch because you have people who are like the craziest dog owners out there, and all I want to do is slap them upside the head and pound some common sense into them.
LOL Thats exactky how i feel people are like in total denial about there dog not being a person.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooandtree View Post
watching animal cops is what made me start volunteering with rescues.

sometimes i can watch a whole episode...sometimes i have to turn it off...but everytime i cry cry cry...
Its great that you got that much out of the show. I really try to catch people before they make that decision if i can but you know. After I witnessed a few things i decided tto get into the volunteer thing but i also work and have family and we are fairly young so I have alot happening on top of my own dogs who are as close to perfect without using a special collar, or treats i just use a ball on string.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I record it so I have something to watch, but Animal Cops enrages me for several reasons. Not only because of how people can treat animals, but how much they exaggerate everything.

I'm pretty convinced that if they felt Ozzy, since they can feel his ribs and such, they would call him emaciated. It's one thing when their bones are all protruding from their bodies, but another when you can just FEEL them.

Or one when they brought in a horse. Her teeth and hooves were terrible; she was 10 years old. They kept going on about how her teeth have never been floated and she'd probably never had her hooves done in her life. How could they assume that? Just to make it more emotional? It just bugs the crap out of me.

And I can't even watch the Miami one. I want to feed Todd Hardwick to the animals he catches. He caught one alligator in a trap, but it drowned. And the way he talks just irks me. He catches alligators around their neck, and from my understanding, they should NEVER be brought in by their necks - just their snouts.

But in general, Animal Cops bugs me, but it beats a lot of the other shows left to watch - ESPECIALLY on Animal Planet.
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I've had so many moments, as an ACO, and a rescuer, that could have been on the AC show.
I think the only thing that bugs me is people get all emotional about it, and it's on there, but stuff like this happens daily across America!
Just because it's there, in another state, on TV, doesn't mean your (generic) backyards are sterile or it's not happening here too (wherever you are).

We just did intake on an Aussie mix who's still got milk in her mammaries.
Where the heck are her puppies!? She was at the shelter since Monday!
Makes one wonder
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I moved out here when I was ten, just starting the sixth grade. The way the schools were, Jefferson, Rock Creek and Dorset all had their own elementary schools, but then in seventh grade, the Jr./Sr. High was combined. Kids knew everyone by the time they reached six grade even though there were six of them. And I came from the city with my city accent but I went to a very small Christian school, so it was major culture shock, and I did not make friends in the sixth grade.

But the seventh grade, kids from neighboring towns collected together, and new groups were formed more by interest, maybe class, maybe more by types. Anyhow, enough build up. I fell in with a couple of girls from a neighboring town, and I was a horse-crazy, eleven year old. My mother gave me six riding lessons for Christmas that year, and got me to four of them. It made me worse. I was drawing horses all the time and reading everything I could get my hands on.

So I fell in with two girls. One of them owned a horse, and she was actually talking to me. Well it was a pony. She actually asked me to spend the night at her place. I readily agreed.

She talked about her pony on the way home on the bus. I was so excited. We got to her house. It was a singlewide trailer, where she lived with her parents and two boys. Her mom started frying up some pork chops on the dirty stove covered with dirty dishes, just frying them in some oil. Ok. Her bedroom was tiny. It had a single bed and a mound of dirty clothes. The place seriously looked like hoarders.

We went out to the barn, which was a shed. There was a poor old blind pony, shaggy and over grown in the coat. They hooves were curved up, like I have seen on animal cops, and there was barbed wire stuck on the pony's head. It made me ill.

I did not know what to do. I knew we were not going to ride this poor pony. I had never heard of animal control. I wanted to go home. But I was supposed to spend the weekend. I stayed up all night on the floor in her room. The next morning I asked to call home, and my mother rescued me, with the excuse that I had a piano lesson.

Later, the girl told me that she told me all the stuff about her horse because she thought I wouldn't be her friend otherwise. It was sad. An eleven or twelve year old kid is never responsible for the condition of an animal. Her parents should have been prosecuted. But I did not call anyone, I did not know that was an option.

So I guess I have seen this sort of treatment to animals first hand.

I agree that the show does exaggerate on occasion about an animal's condition. But more often or not, I think they should be seized.

Sometimes, they try to save a critter that I think ought to be put out of its pain. When they try to save a critter from bad burns, and then say that it died two days later, I really get infuriated at the people trying to save the animal. If I bring you a beloved pet and beg you to do all you can to save it, then the vet should try. If there is no hope, they should say so and convince you to stop the animal's suffering. But if there is no owner, and the animal is in pain, then mercifully put the creature down, and don't make it undergo surgeries and a painful, lengthy recovery. Sometimes I think they try to save critters more for their glory than for the critter's best interest.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Sometimes I think they try to save critters more for their glory than for the critter's best interest.
Yeah. Exactly that. I was trying to say that but missed it
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.