Do you ever regret getting a second dog? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you ever regret getting a 2nd dog?
No 32 56.14%
Yes 3 5.26%
Sometimes (explain below) 7 12.28%
Never, will always want 2 or more dogs (spaced out in ages!) 16 28.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I guess I'm the odd one out here because I do regret getting my second dog. That doesn't change the fact that I love them both, will never give them up, and will give them the best life I can. Hubby and I have decided that were a one dog family so once our guys pass away, we will only have one dog from that point forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Member

No, I love both of my boys, they love each other...they are both just awesome dogs I am however cringing because now my life has taken some unexpected turns, my job changed, my living situation is changing..I don't regret getting them, or having them, however, I wouldn't have taken them on if I had any idea my life was going to be unstable like this. It is going to be a challenge now to keep 'em happy like things were. My training is already suffering, but there is still nothing more uplifting than spending time with my guys, I wouldn't trade them for a million bucks.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

With my two shepherds, couldn't be happier. My male is a sweetie and gets along great with my girl and they have a good age spread. Now that both are dependable on leash and have good recalls we go all kinds of places together and are a very happy pack.

Number 3 will be coming along soon.... (my SOs dog) so now we'll see how we do with three!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Member

Sounds to me like you might have been happier waiting to get a second dog. I have 3 no regrets. My dogs are all about 5 years apart. I don't feel my dogs love me less because they have each other.

Age differance is key here I think.
Pepper311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Not for a moment! Not with the second or the third for that matter.

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
shilohsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

I am SO happy we got a 2nd...our first one is so much happier with her around, and they are both very bonded to us and more interested in our attention than in each other. Plus, I've always thought that unless you take your dog everywhere with you, it's sad to just have 1.
The only times I even think about the decision is when it comes time to pay the yearly regular vet bills (twice the fun!) or when they are feeding off of each other's spazziness and barking up a storm.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_news07 View Post
I got a small maltipoo and a German Shepherd. I love both of them equally.... BUT sometimes I wish I would only have one at a time lol. They seem to love each other more than they love my fiance or myself! It's a good thing but sometimes I wish it could just be my fiance and I hanging out with one of them. However, it's mostly my fiance and I hanging out and both of them running around the whole house lol. I love them both to death and would never get rid of one but sometimes I wonder how it would be if we only had one dog lol (please don't attack me for this post).
I know how you feel! me and my fiance' have two dogs. Rottweiler and a young gsd puppy (9 months) and I feel overwhelmed because i worry about him getting stolen or killed. my rottie i dont worry about bc she doesn't go near ppl and she runs from you lol but Hachi (gsd) is very outgoing and would probably follow you home and my fence isnt completely up yet. I'm also overwhelmed considering i'm not use to have a puppy in a long time. I got my rott when she was a year old from a family member so i get really angered and upset bc he is so hyper and jumps on and doesnt listen to me. BUt i also learned that i love them and you only live once so enjoy them exspecially since they really aren't giving you alot of trouble
Bella (my love bug) LOL
Warrior09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #28 (permalink)

Thank you all for you insight I love both of them but we do say hi to them separately before they go off playing with each other for a few hours... I like them once they are nice and tired lol
bad_news07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Since we have 7 and have had many, I don't remember when there were 2 here.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No, two dogs are great. But sometimes with THREE dogs, I have logistics problems, because there is nobody to watch the other two if I have an out of town show, like this weekend.
BlackPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.