Does your GSD like water? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which, if any, do they like?
Loves snow, not water 25 12.89%
Loves water, not snow 13 6.70%
Loves both 149 76.80%
Doesn't like either 7 3.61%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
cta
Master Member

my dog loves water and snow. these videos are from chobahn's first big snow storm. every time i watch them i laugh...ironically enough, i always laugh at the same parts i laughed in the video we got slaughtered in MA this winter...apparently the only one that enjoyed it was my dog. i certainly wasn't enjoying being out in the middle of the bitterly cold weather, but watching him romp around like a nut was totally worth it. pardon the poor video skills...it was the first time i was using my new camera.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W5Zmyh3tIsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Quh_c86lfhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by cta; 07-18-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: i stink at embedding
cta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Maximo was born January 18th and If there was a Water sniffing dog, Maximo would pass the test with flying colors. He will know there is a puddle like a mile away when we are on walks. He has a pool but loves the hose. I still havent had a chance to take him to the lake but i cant wait till he goes. And i havent experienced snow with him yet but im sure he will LOVE it.

On the other hand, My uncles Long-haired GSD HATES water, hose, buckets. etc but LOVES snow.

Last edited by Anita11811; 07-18-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Anita11811 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

Luna loves the water (born in either April or May). When she sees me in the pool she likes to jump in after me despite the fact that she's not a very good swimmer yet. She romps through the sprinklers and sticks her head in the hose stream when I turn it on.

After she'd gone swimming:

k_sep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

All of my dogs love both. Sunday we took Lakota to the ocean, the waves were about 2' she wasn't thrilled with them. She plays with the sprinklers and only gets her feet wet in the kiddie pool. When we go to the north shore theres no waves she swims no hesitation and last year we visited a friend with a inground pool with a little coaxing she went right in with me. She was born in January but she didn't see snow till just before her 1yr birthday, she had a blast.
My older dogs like when it first snows then become fustrated if they get ice balls in thier feet. My 7 yr old female LOVES water. She lays in the kiddie pool & dunks her whole face in the water, I took her swiming yesterday in the sound. My 9yr old male won't lay in the kiddie pool but will sit if I help him, then he looks at me like "yuck, now my hinny is wet go get the towel. He made me laugh last time I had him swiming on the north shore. Were I go theres a canal with a decent drop off. I was standing closest to shore he was in the water facing me, totally submerged except his head. As I looked closer I realized his front feet were on the ground but his hind end was floating, it was the funniest thing, he was just standing there with his butt floating.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Skype™ to CookieTN

Cookie was born in March and she hated water. (Although she did used to love to play with catching the stream from the water hose.) Not sure about snow.

Last edited by CookieTN; 07-19-2011 at 10:38 AM.
CookieTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Both my GSD's hate getting wet - they will often walk around puddles rather than through them. They are both adopted, so it's possible they were either never introduced to water when they were very young, or had a negative experience......anyway, it makes baths a challenge! Snow however - ah, that's a different story. They both LOVE snow......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
Anja1Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jmeade

My pup Shadow was born in November. I don't know about snow but she loves water. I think she was a fish in another life.

She is 8 months old now and going through some wonky spurt. When she is wet she looks so skinny. I wish she didn't like water so much sometimes.
Shady GSD/Airedale puppy
Jmeade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Sadie loves both snow and water. But she doesn't like ice cubes. LOL!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Not sure about snow yet. He does seem to be liking water more and more though. He'll play in the sprinkler and go crazy with water coming out of a hose. I bought a kiddie pool for him. He was running through it and spalshed around in it a lttile bit a few days ago. I plan on filling it up again this weekend. He has played in ice too so he might like snow.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
Master Member

Ditto loves the snow. I cant quite tell if she loves the water, but she loves chasing her ball through it!

Always loved, missed, and remembered:
Dakota GSD mix 3/26/04-5/04/14
vicky2200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.