what cute quirks does your dog have - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: what cute quirks does your dog have?
chase tail often 19 21.59%
bite self when you find their "magic spot" 18 20.45%
take one bite of food and walk away, chew. swallow, repeat 32 36.36%
other (please explain below. 46 52.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

For no obvious reason at all there's this perticullar knot on our wood floor in the living room that Karma will bite and growl at. The cats look at him like he's fricken insane.
danbibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #42 (permalink)

you scratch toward he rear end and you get one of the back legs off the ground and starting shaking it........while he starts licking the air.
ZeusersPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siese View Post
Dagger bites at her fur (you know how they bite when they have an itch) and always finds a spot that makes her leg bounce. I've never seen a dog that could make her OWN leg bounce like that!

Hahah Jack does that all the time!!! He's also a tail chaser!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master Member

Sonar and Onyx both have the same "happy spot" on their chest in between their front legs. I can scratch it and their back legs will go crazy. If I lay Sonar on his back and do it he will motor boat his legs. It's so fricken cute!

Sonar also gets so excited when I come home he automactially "Fusses" but then continues to circle and Fuss again then circle and Fuss again. It's because I would have him do it to calm down, he does it several times then sits next to me and waits to be loved.

Frosty Onyx Glacier, CGC
Grey/White Siberian Husky (8/29/2005)
suzzyq01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

Cinder's 9wks old now, and the first time we bought her toys, we got her a stuffed monkey that was as big as her, and a couple of rawhide bones. She missed her siblings, and apparently wanted the monkey to be a substitute. She put a bone in front of the monkey, then bounded away, turned around and crouched, growled at the monkey, ran up and batted at the bone with her paws, barked, bit the monkey on the nose, pounced it, snatched the bone, and ran away. She'd play "keep away" with the bone while looking over her shoulder at the monkey for a while, then she'd give the monkey the bone back, rinse, repeat. Hilarious! She also grabs the monkey and shakes it until she falls over.

She's an avid tail chaser and will spin until she gets dizzy and falls over.

She likes to grab sticks that are three times as long as her in the middle and tote them around the yard, head and tail up and prancing.

She will also find a spot in the tall grass and roll around in it until she's made a nest and will hide there until we find her, peeking out at us and then scurrying back. Apparently, human children aren't the only ones who like building forts.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

MadScientist, welcome to the forum! What a character your girl is, especially loved her monkey attack story!

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Abby likes to get a ball and a frisbee both in her mouth and then use the frisbee to push a second ball around the house. She also likes to lie down and push a ball at me with her nose or paw and we roll it back and forth.
Another thing is if I am sitting on the floor she will run up to me, come to a screeching halt and give me the owl-eye ... Then I bark at her and she goes screaming around the house and comes back and we start all over.
PaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Thanks, Castle! Yeah, she's something else.

Forgot this... We had her at the folks' house, and they have a 12wk old golden retriever. She would boss him around, herd him around the house, and if he got in the way, she'd walk right underneath him with only the tops of her ears touching his belly. She would come from across the house running full tilt boogie and catch him in a flying jump and tackle him into the couch, whereupon she would make a big fuss and racket and finish by licking his face.

She's a diva, a little princess, an drama queen, and an attention hog. And I love her. =3
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #49 (permalink)

Brutus groans. You would think he was an 80 year old man sitting down after a hard day of work. He flops down and instead of letting out a breath he lets out the deepest groan you ever heard!! it sounds like a fog horn!! lol He does it every night like clock work.
Stevensondrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

Luna has this raccoon that she absolutely adores; I swear it's like a puppy safety blanket. In the morning, the first thing she will do is go hunting for her raccoon. Once she has found it, she likes to bring it to me. She'll run around with it and she tries to bring it with her where ever she goes. Outside to play, outside to swim, outside to potty, to eat, or when she goes to sleep at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.