every 1 talks about bad neighbor;here's a good 1 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default every 1 talks about bad neighbor;here's a good 1

An older lady was looking at the house for sale directly behind me and she walk to the back and look over the fence and asked "do your dogs bark?" I told her "of course and they bite really hard too." She immediately recognized my twisted sense of humour and I had my puppers do some obedience and tricks including sending into the house and into the Zwingers and then she asked about the well water and the drainage and such and I figured I ran another off. Well she move in with her FooFoo dog which immediatly set to fence fighting,( two fences with about five yards between) I called mine puppers back no probs while she struggled with "Precious" and she told me that precious would not come when called when he was cranked up and hard for her to catch jumping just out of her reach. I suggested that she take a long leash and cut the loop off and let him drag it, that it would be easy for her to step on an pick up.

I figure she would turn this into a border dispute or something but to my amazement she put a gate on her deck to keep precious from picking fights and when she is in her backyard "Precious" is dragging a lead behind him. Peace reigns thru out the land, I can train in the back yard and her "Precious" is safe and quiet
GunnerJones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Re: every 1 talks about bad neighbor;here's a good 1

Thats what hsppens when 2 reasonable people meet and figure out a problem. You may find yourself over there training foo foo before its done..nice to hear a story with a happy ending for a change.

butch33611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Re: every 1 talks about bad neighbor;here's a good

YAY! Gotta like that! Sounds like someone who will probably be a good neighbor in other aspects, too!

also have a good dog neighbor ...
Nice young guy and his wife moved in next door, she wanted a dog even though her husband has pet allergies and never had a dog before ... soon they had a puppy (adopted from a shelter here in VT, good good) ... a few months pass and we realize it's the husband - not the wife who wanted a dog so much - who is outside walking pup on leash several times/day. Soon after he tells us she has moved out, puppy was the last straw - she gets excited about something, he says ok, she loses interest and he's left with the responsibility.
Well, it's nearly a year later, the wife is now ex, his allergies haven't disappeared but he still has the dog - guess his allergy meds work well, LOL! Last time we went over to say hi he was sitting on the couch with the dog curled up next to him - dog is his hiking buddy and goes to work with him on occasion, too. When dog is home - most days - my oldest son goes over after school to take him out for poos & pees and a walk, or brings him over here to play with our dogs for a while. And the kicker is that the dog is exceptionally well behaved, neighbor has trained him well, especially considering being 1st time owner! YAY!!!

There are so many horror stories about neighbors out there it's nice to hear the good stories, too!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: every 1 talks about bad neighbor;here's a good

Sometimes you get a good one and it sounds like you did!

All the crap I dealt with for the first few years we lived here - insane old woman on one side who couldn't deal with my fence (very long story short) and on the other side, the rednecks with 10 kids in a 3 bedroom house.

The old woman left the house to her nephew who's in his 50s, single and the quietest person neighbor I've ever had. We may find out later he's one of those 'he was such a quiet man' types...

The bank foreclosed on the rednecks, their 10 kids, 2 grandchildren (et-hem, she's 36, he's 38!) and 5 outdoor cats.

Now we have a lovely couple with no kids who just moved in, also very quiet but they also have 5 cats who sit in the windows making faces at Morgan. They seem so nice, I gave them fresh homemade icecream yesterday!

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
SunCzarina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like a good neighbor to me!

I like both my neighbors. One does have a non-stop barker when he is left outside when they go to church and stuff, but all I have to do is say something and she makes sure he is quiet the next time they leave.

My other has two bulldogs that hardly ever get to leave the house. I rarely ever hear them in the backyard but when you do it sounds so horrific! The snorting, and barking, and breathing sounds they make doesn't sound like dogs. They sound like wild boars or something!

Annabelle (4 1/2 y/o GSD)
Maiya (4 y/o GSD)
Jaeger (9 month old GSD)

ldpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: butch33611Thats what hsppens when 2 reasonable people meet and figure out a problem.

Thanks for posting a positive neighbor story!

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
--------------------------------------------------
Maxwell's Silver Hammer GSD/Dobie X

Shandril2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I am very fortunate because my neighbors love dogs. That is it, but all can imagine is how much more difficult it would be living next to a family that did not like pets.
Timber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Haha this is really funny, you should post it on Win M&S vouchers for your funny property stories | Property Blog by Rightmove and win something for your funny story
mandtalklina1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

We have some good neighbors and some bad neighbors! haha. Guy directly behind us is great, has even gone on some motorcycle runs with his. If anything he "teases" Zeke through the fence and gets him all wound up (Zeke adores him).

People across the street are great. They have cats, and my two cats LOVE to go into their yards and start fights. Luckily they are very understanding because their cat has been in our yard a time or two. I'm always going over there, checking out problems with their cats, etc... the husband does work for us (he just replaced our wood fence). My dad does work for them (mechanic). The husband is a soccer coach, so he always brings bags of deflated balls home. Our house looks like a soccer field bomb went off, but Zeke LOVES those soccers balls and prances around the house with them.

A few years back my dad built a paint booth in a brand new shed, because he does custom motorcycle paint jobs

He wears a full white body suit and gas mask. Well, one day he's in there painting, and hears a pounding on the door. He opens the door - there's a police officer, gun drawn. 2 police officers next to the garage. 2 cars in front of the house. 3 more cars at the side of the house. A couple officers poking their head's around the side of the house. One of our neighbors called and reported a suspected METH LAB! We think it's the older couple caddy-corner to us.

Hedge grows along the property line of our other next day neighbor. Older woman and her granddaughter. We had always gotten along REAL well. Until one day my dad trimmed the bushes on our side of the driveway because they were scraping into his truck. Woman FREAKS out, has her son take all these pictures, says she's going to sue us (Hedges are technically on OUR side of the property line)... yes, that was 2 years ago and we haven't talked since.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Great to hear good neighbor stories I also have two great neighbors and when I was in the hospital for 4 weeks unexpectedly my neighbor took on the responsibility of my dog for me, and she took real good care of her too, all this without being asked! My other neighbor and older couple, are amazing although they do not care much for dogs they had always loved getting visits from my GSD Diesel and I would help them with yard work and such.

Its great having good neighbors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.