German Shepherds Forum banner

clay's getting better.

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  MineAreWorkingline 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all its been a while since I last posted so I thought I would post an update on clay well...

He's recovering very well he's still on steroids and they are being reduced slowly, he's eating like a horse and he going on gentle daily walks to build up his strength and stamina as he lost a lot of weight and almost all his muscle when he was unwell he still get's tired easily and is not off the lead yet but he getting stronger every day!

Unfortunately He now becomes quite stressed when large dog's approach him(we are working on rebuilding his confidence) but still love's smaller dog's I'm super careful on witch dog are aloud near him pretty much only dogs I know.

His story and what happened is all over the dog community and I've had word back from a friend that the dog who attacked him has attacked again and has now bitten a person it is now muzzled and leashed in public.

I just hope this whole ordeal is finished, I hope my boy doesn't relapse when they take him completely off the steroids ,I hope for a peaceful future where I can enjoy spending time walking my dog and having fun with him.

An extra big thank you to all those who wished him well x

See less See more
#9 ·
I am glad he is doing better .

You are in the UK so you are used to a little rain. I hate to be the one to rain on your parade but this is in the best interest of Clay.

You must have some worry having said "I hope my boy doesn't relapse when they take him completely off the steroids"

that is what usually happens . Prednisone does a good job at masking symptoms. Sometimes the symptoms come back stronger because no changes have been made to the cause of the problem.

While you are in this sweet zone -- do every thing that you can to bring your dog to optimum health.

that includes diet, addressing his digestive system , possibly working with adaptive agents , good health in general

I want to add he's got a wonderful expression . beautiful dog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.