German Shepherds Forum banner

Quick responses that cause a smile/chuckle

995 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wolfy dog 
#1 ·
Sometimes things in life need extra attention and it bites into the time spent on doing fun stuff with your dog. Everyone has those times I think.

Last week life just did what life does so I wanted to share this:

I was out walking Sonny for some much needed alone time. We were walking down the side walk when up ahead a dad strolling his beautiful, bright-eyed, happy little girl towards us.

When he saw us, he started to leave the sidewalk so I quickly moved off the sidewalk so he would stay on it. As we approached closer dad happily exclaimed to his daughter "that's a big dog . The little girl replied with a great big smile "I love that doggie". I matched that child's smile with a "He loves you too":laugh2:

Honestly, Those simple words coming from a child just brightened up my day.. Her dad had a big old grin also.

Another response while we were walking on a different day: We passed a truck that was parked. The guy in the truck calls out "Wow, that's a dog and a half" I pause,look at the guy, then at my dog and say: "nope, I don't see an extra two legs so he's just a dog". It made the guy chuckle a little.

Would love to hear other quick witted responses.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
One of the funniest comments I have is from a little boy. His dad was walking with his sister in a stroller and the boy walking ahead of them but behind us. Every time he caught up to us he stopped. Well Jake pulls over to do his business on the side of someones lawn and the little boy stops to watch. He goes "Dad! Look he's taking a poop! And its a BIG ONE!". I broke out laughing and so did the father. He squatted down watching from a few feet away and I said "everybody poops" - the little boy goes "yeah, everyone does poop!" This little kid was so fascinated but this big GSD taking a dump and just the way he said it and the excitement was hilarious. I'm pretty sure he ran the rest of the way home to tell him mom all about it. He was that excited.

#4 ·
My standard reply to when people tell me "That's the biggest German Shepherd I've ever seen!", is to smile and reply "That's what I got when I asked for the friendliest in the litter :)"

#5 ·
Years and years ago I came back from a field with my Malinois and a little girl asked,"Did you guys go for a walk?". It impressed me because she saw us, dog and me, as equals. I think that makes kids so unique; everyone, animal or human, are just as equal and important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.