No wonder she still acs suspicious! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default No wonder she still acs suspicious!

*(title) acts
Three nights ago Deja was growling and barking, starting at around 2.00 AM. We live in a forest and I assumed she heard some animals. We also have a motion detecting camera that shoots 10sec videos (along with the date and time) across from our bedroom.
I checked it later that morning and sure enough: within one hour at around 5.00 AM: a raccoon, a large coyote and a bob cat had passed by, caught on camera! And have probably been around much longer that night.
Poor Deja is still nervous going outside and looking from inside she is still not sure if they are all gone or not.
Super fun to have a cam on coyote level. Most of the time I see pictures of our familiar deer but that night, no deer on cam......

Last edited by wolfy dog; 12-05-2014 at 06:19 PM.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool. How expensive is a motion detector camera? We live in suburbia but there is still a fair amount of wildlife. It would be really cool to set one up and see what we discover.

Good Deja for protecting your home.
Rangers_mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_mom View Post
Cool. How expensive is a motion detector camera? We live in suburbia but there is still a fair amount of wildlife. It would be really cool to set one up and see what we discover.

Good Deja for protecting your home.
I think she was desperate from me to protect her. Amazon:
Amazon.com : Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Hybrid Trail Camera with Night Vision, Brown : Hunting Trail Cameras : Electronics Amazon.com : Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Hybrid Trail Camera with Night Vision, Brown : Hunting Trail Cameras : Electronics
Old 12-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

OMG, I thought I had wildlife.. Turkeys, deer, rabbits, coyotes, red fox.. But bob cats, OMG! Freaky! So glad your pup is safe and a great watchdog!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thamks for the info about the camera. It is not that expensive. I will have to consider it.
Rangers_mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So you set it up, then take it and check for any pics or videos? How does it do in rain and snowy weather? I know for a fact that wildlife is around me. I have seen the skunks, deer and coyotes. I think the deer are around more then I think, because in the winter I see their tracks right by my front door. I also lost a cat back in July, I can only hope she is still alive, but how awesome it would be to catch her on camera. I think I like this camera
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It is 100%waterproof. I hangs in the NW! Every ~2 weeks I take the card out and see what we've got. Once in a while you have a bounty like this. You get to know the regualrs and understand the area, the animals and the dogs much better. Yesterday I found the carcass of one of the fawns (that's why the commotion from the previous nights) and hung the camera across from it. Today I took out the card and saw the mother and remaining fawn inspect the bones ,a raccoon sniffing for scraps and my dog carring the spine over to me . I saw Deja hesitate when I called her and then carrying it. That camera has been the best purchase of the year. It's like Christmas when you open the video files.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.