I think I met the worst kids in the world today... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default I think I met the worst kids in the world today...

I decided to have a BBQ, the first get together since I got the house. I invited my family and a girl that we grew up with. She has 4 kids under the age of 9. I should have known they were trouble as soon as they walked in and acted like they owned the place. I also had my 4 nieces and nephew over, so kids everywhere. Kids on our end were fine and know how I expect animals to be treated. The other kids, not so much First they decided to give the dogs watermelon with the rinds and I stopped that and took it away. Next the boy picks up the back legs of the dog and is holding him like that. Of course I told him to stop and he did. The other kid was trying to force the one dog to sit by pushing hard on his back, that kid got yelled at. The oldest tried to go fishing in my fish tank, I am not kidding. They filled my one water fountain with pebbles and the other with pop. I'm trying to cook, so I enlist my family to keep guard. I strategically place them in all areas to protect the fish and the dogs. By now we are all losing our patience. My son was the first to say something when the oldest took a bucket of rocks and dumped them on the patio. He looked right at her and said I'll get the broom for you to clean that up. When it was my turn to guard the fish Robyn came in and laid down on the couch. The oldest girl comes in, sits next to Robyn and hugs her. Robyn did not like this kid, she put her head up and away trying to get away. Just as I was going to really yell at this kid, Robyn gets up, walks away and goes and lays down far away from her. Not a growl or anything, if I was a dog I would have bit this kid. Robyn stayed with me the rest of the time and I wouldn't let any of them near her. She showed amazing skills and I was proud of her. By the time they left I was mentally exhausted and decided that those kids would never come back to my house. I trusted my dogs a 100 % before, , now it's 150%. I can't understand how kids could behave the way they did and there were 2 parents there? We continued to have a wonderful rest of the day and all the pups are knocked out.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2014, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

This is why my dogs are put up when we have other people's kids over........I trust my dogs.....but not their kids...
sparra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is why I don't have kids besides my own at my house! Course I'm that horrible person who loves her kids to the ends of the earth and back but cant stand other peoples kids.... pretty much for the exact reasons above! A lack of respectful parenting.

Shasta puts up with a lot from my kids, mainly my daughter, but you can see she's soaking up the loves and hugs and sits there with that dopey "I love everyone!" look on her face, tongue lolling out the side of her mouth, leaning into my daughter hugging her. Dax just wants to play and wrestle so nobody has the guts to hug him lol. I don't allow outside kids to do that though. My dogs deal with the hugs from my kids. I don't expect them to deal with them from strange kids, despite being good about it.

Cant say I blame you any for banning those ones from coming back.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparra View Post
This is why my dogs are put up when we have other people's kids over........I trust my dogs.....but not their kids...
It was insane how these kids acted and spoke to the parents. There was enough of us to make sure the dogs were safe after we figured out what these kids were like, which took about 10 minutes. After 3 minutes I hid the grapes and the pork chops with bones they brought. I then followed them around to make sure no bones were given. I never cook anything with bones when I have a group of people over.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 07-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
This is why I don't have kids besides my own at my house! Course I'm that horrible person who loves her kids to the ends of the earth and back but cant stand other peoples kids.... pretty much for the exact reasons above! A lack of respectful parenting.

Shasta puts up with a lot from my kids, mainly my daughter, but you can see she's soaking up the loves and hugs and sits there with that dopey "I love everyone!" look on her face, tongue lolling out the side of her mouth, leaning into my daughter hugging her. Dax just wants to play and wrestle so nobody has the guts to hug him lol. I don't allow outside kids to do that though. My dogs deal with the hugs from my kids. I don't expect them to deal with them from strange kids, despite being good about it.

Cant say I blame you any for banning those ones from coming back.
I seriously would not have invited them if I knew how they were. I told my sons girlfriend that if she ever gives me a grand kid like them I would kill her.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 07-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I seriously would not have invited them if I knew how they were. I told my sons girlfriend that if she ever gives me a grand kid like them I would kill her.

LOL what did she say to that?! Or was it just a not in agreement kind of thing?
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Pretty sure its the parent. I cook for a living and one time this kid come to 1 of the grill in the restaurant and play with the gas valve . The host came to the mom who was 6 feet away and told her what is going on.. the mom said he is just a kid !! what do you expect me to do... put him in a cage ? Lucky i wasn't there or i'd tell her to take the kid him and put him in a cage.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Some parents are just plain lazy....it takes work to teach your kids how to behave ....Some just can't be bothered....sad.....
sparra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Wow, sounds like it could be from a movie almost!
Your poor dogs! Glad it all worked out, you have such good dogs!
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You and your pups all deserve a great day next weekend with lots of fun and relaxation. llombardo your dogs rock! I understand about these situations we've had children and adults act like that w/ our dogs. Thw adults are easier you just ask them to leave.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.