Wiggle wiggle wiggle - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Wiggle wiggle wiggle

I have a spazzy female. She's about a year and a quarter now, just beginning to develop her adult personality. It's going to be a doozy too. Think party girl crossed with daddies girl. She is glued to me, but will get into trouble the instant I'm not around to see her being naughty. When I am around she is an angel, no hyperbole there, she is PERFECT. Bit jumpy and spazzes some, but it's all in good fun. She gets so excited about anything I do, she has to burn off some of the energy somehow.

One thing she does that just melts my heart is wiggle. She wiggles with glee when I make eye contact with her. Paws flop, tail flops and her body just writhes about as she tries SO hard to be still and good. She'll stretch out and be still for about a second and then roll around and grunt and then look back at me. All I have to do is touch her and I can feel the muscles relax and she flops, goes wet noodle and is absolutely content to lie there. I hardly ever just let her lie tho, too much fun to be had in tickling, prodding and generally messing with her. A herd of salty, half baked rabbits with laser pointers could invade and she might perk an ear towards them if I was wrestling with her.

I spend as much time as possible with my dogs. My friends are convinced that I'm part dog, but they like to come over and play with my dogs. It's intriguing to me how different the two dogs personalities are, yet when down to the brass tacks how similar they are. When allowed to blossom within a defined behavior structure(i.e. a routine and expected level of civility) it is awesome to watch their creative little minds shape their world around them.

Cable is a prototypical GSD. Aloof and almost brooding. He is working all the time, ready to rock n' roll at 110% at the drop of a hat. He breaks his routine every now and again and gets bouts of crazy lovey wacko dog, but in general he is what people think of when they see a German. He snuggles hard too, usually bruises me, his head is like a cinder block.

Allie, what can I say? Snuggle distilled into four legs. She will charm anyone willing to give her a rub. She likes women okay, men however will find a 50 pound ball of muscle and bone under their shirt in a matter of minutes. When I wake up to a cold snout under my chin I know it's Allie, I'd be lying if I said it bothered me.

Even with their wildly differing personalities they are very similar animals. I must be in eyesight. I must be accompanied to the bathroom. I cannot leave the yard without a barking serenade. Bedtime means grooming time. When I get home from work I'm greeted by two black whirlwinds in syncopation, turning and whirling and whining and yipping. Both pitch fits until I allow a quick face lick.

Dog people understand why I might post something like this, so this sis a good place to do so. My friends mostly understand, but not like other GSD owners.
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

They sound like characters!
glowingtoadfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Awe *claps*

Thank you for sharing your bond with us! We do understand!

Very well written might I add! I could see all of it playing out like a movie
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.