We will find the right one, one day.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default We will find the right one, one day..

The BF and I have pretty much settled on rescuing a dog vs buying from the breeder.

So today was the 3rd time that we have peeked interest in a rescue and yet again something fell through on their end.

First it was a golden a friend couldn't care for anymore, then she gave it to someone else after we told her we were interested. Then another golden was found and a friend posted on FB saying to contact her if interested. We did, and in a matter of minutes, she apparently grew too attached and decided she would keep her.

THEN today I decided to browse craigslist (super smart I know) I went on already knowing I wasn't going to find anything it was more of a boredom thing than anything.. well I came across a Coonhound.. that just stood out from any other the others. The post was very well written, pretty much had a resume for this dog and it just, for some reason, felt right. We made the phone call to at least meet this boy... and we got a call back that he is already with a family for a trial week but we'll get a call if it doesn't work out.

Now I know.. the right one will come along. And I have to say we are not ACTIVELY looking. I mean I browse because that's what I do.. usually none fit what we are looking for and/or my BF isn't sold yet. Or someone asks us abotu a dog they found or don't want. We have a timeline when we are going to actively search, which isn't until September, but if the right dog finds us in the meantime we won't turn the opportunity down.. if that at all makes sense, lol.

No advice really needed, just a small little vent.. one day we'll find the perfect one for our little family

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010

Last edited by wyoung2153; 07-11-2014 at 03:24 PM.
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wishing you all the luck. You are welcoming a new fur friend into your home and that's not something to take lightly or hastily so hang in there and don't get discouraged! I'm impatient and excited too! Can't wait for pictures and stories and the like! But I will contain myself

<3
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am excited.. funny enough I am so excited and when the BF agrees on a dog that I too like... I am all of a sudden like "whoa... this actually could happen." My sister said that it's like I'm a new mom that's scared to be a mom again.. lol. Though I'm not scared just one of those.. what if i'm not the right fit?! Or what if I'm not a good mom! *shakes head*

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.