German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Making a dog vicious! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/468042-making-dog-vicious.html)

bill 07-07-2014 03:16 PM

Making a dog vicious!

A few years ago their was a guy that had two dogs " he had a dummy he taught the dogs to attack" no obedience" no structure" no out" just attack" the dogs got out and killed a man jogging" this is a true story"
These were not shepherds
As I have said before anyone can make a dog mean big deal. Just wanted to share how someone can ruin a dog. Bill

Stahl my boy!

lalachka 07-07-2014 03:21 PM

70 Attachment(s)
I heard of people toughening their dogs up by punching them in the face. Lol wanted to share too

misslesleedavis1 07-07-2014 04:24 PM

Jesus bill that is terrible, so is punching your dog in the face

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

bill 07-07-2014 04:32 PM

Yes missleslie it is truly sad that happened in the town I live in.Bill:(

Stahl my boy!

SuperG 07-07-2014 04:40 PM

I've heard of people making their dogs mean by making them watch the Oprah Show.

SuperG

ApselBear 07-07-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG (Post 5744626)
I've heard of people making their dogs mean by making them watch the Oprah Show.

SuperG

I train them with Jerry Springer rather than Oprah
:cool:
While playing Beethoven in the background, A Clockwork Orange style!

SuperG 07-07-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApselBear (Post 5744666)
I train them with Jerry Springer rather than Oprah
:cool:
While playing Beethoven in the background, A Clockwork Orange style!

I have read about that method...consistently produces a Cujo-esque dog according to 4 out of 5 professional dog trainers...who coincidentally prefer Jif peanut butter...obviously they are very choosey mothers.

SuperG

Bob_McBob 07-07-2014 04:55 PM

You can find various Youtube videos of people using bite sleeves and other equipment to play with their dogs and get them to latch on without a proper out or any kind of formal training.

misslesleedavis1 07-07-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG (Post 5744626)

SuperG

We tried that with tyson, but we used the jersey shore re runs and now all he knows is gym,tan laundry...

Lilie 07-07-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill (Post 5744218)
As I have said before anyone can make a dog mean big deal. Just wanted to share how someone can ruin a dog. Bill

Stahl my boy!

You still see a lot of that, Bill. Folks not wanting their dogs to be social for personal reasons. Even in the hunting dog field. Some want their dogs to be more aloof towards people. I can't figure out why or what difference that would make in how the dog hunts.

I think it's much harder to make your dog a social dog, then to make your dog a mean dog. Any meat head can ruin a dog.