German Shepherds Forum banner

Protector

697 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cethlen1621 
#1 ·
I had to work the night of the 4th, so my wife was at home with the dogs while the fireworks were going off. Abel, our Great Dane has no problem with fireworks but this was Ridley’s first time around fireworks. Ridley would not let my wife out of her sight, she planted her little but right in from of her and made she none of the scary fireworks hurt my wife. When I got home at midnight, the fireworks were pretty much done but she did the same thing with me. A couple fireworks went off but she did flinch or cry, she just turned to look at us to make sure we were ok. Haha she’s so cute, our little protector.:) Does anyone else have a GSD that does this?

#3 ·
Awww. Our guy doesn't like them or loud cracks of thunder. He curls up behind my boyfriend's computer chair against the wall and just stays there until it's "safe" unless we're upstairs, then he sleeps in the upstairs bathroom or by the bed in our room. My boyfriend seems to represent the protector and me as the generally needing to be protected in his fluffy mind.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.