German Shepherds Forum banner

Wolfie Locked Me Out

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Stosh 
#1 ·
I was outside with Wolfie, and Hubby had gone to the hardware store. Wolfie was acting like a brat in the yard, so I put him in the house, while I swept the deck off. Hubby came back, and was mowing the lawn when I heard Wolfie turning the doorknob to get outside. He likes to attack the lawn mower like he does the vacuum, so he would have had to go in the house anyways. I told Wolfie to stop trying to come outside, and he stopped. After I was done with the deck, I tried to go in the house, and found out that Wolfie had locked the deadbolt on me, locking me out of the house. I guess he was getting me back for making him go in the house. HA HA Thank goodness Hubby had gone to the hardware store before mowing the lawn, or he wouldn't have had his house keys in his pocket to let me back in. The next time we went outside, and Wolfie was in, we made sure one of us had our house key.

#2 ·
I love Wolfie stories :D He's one smart pup with a wicked sense of humour ;):p

#7 ·
This happened to me but he locked me out of my car. I left the keys inside and put him in the car at training.

Lol when we realized we are locked out in the middle of nowhere it was slightly shocking)))))
So we tried to do an emergency training session Lolol, train him to press a button. Omg, that alone had to be recorded.

Finally someone jammed my car.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#9 ·
:p has happened to both my husband and I. We were in the garage with the door open and I dont let Gunther off leash in the front of the house. We have a little cat door for the door tjat goes into the house he likes to stick his head through but that wasn't good enough that day so he was jumping and scratching at the door and pushed the little lock button...thankfully the DH had a key on him.

The cat door was already installed when we bought the house. I dont like it and plan on getting rid of it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

#10 ·
:p has happened to both my husband and i. We were in the garage with the door open and i dont let gunther off leash in the front of the house. We have a little cat door for the door tjat goes into the house he likes to stick his head through but that wasn't good enough that day so he was jumping and scratching at the door and pushed the little lock button...thankfully the dh had a key on him.

The cat door was already installed when we bought the house. I dont like it and plan on getting rid of it.

sent from petguide.com free app
lmao!

#11 ·
Love this story! The exact same thing happened to me with Riley. He was getting in my way while doing some work in our yard, so I put him inside. He wasn’t happy about that so he jumped up and accidently turned the deadbolt. I was locked out. I knew that it would be several hours before John got home and our neighbor - who has a spare key - was out-of-town.

So, I thought, well… if Riley could lock the door by jumping up, he could probably also unlock it… I tapped on the door in the place that I thought would be the right location for him to unlock the door and called out to him… sure enough, he jumped up where I wanted him to, and in so doing, unlocked the door. It was an amazing moment! Probably nothing more than pure luck and chance – but amazing to me none-the-less : )

#13 ·
I had a grooming dog lock me out once. I groom from home and had this big, dirty, gross farm bouvier for a spring clip - I think it was the first time I'd done him. He is (was I should say, he is great for me now) a very difficult dog to manage and I couldn't leave him alone or he'd cry and scratch the gate. So after a few hours of fighting with this dog he is done and I need a break. I lock him in my front entrance way to go outside for a smoke. He jumps on the door and locks the deadbolt, I am home alone and have no key on me. I had to climb through a window. When I laughingly tell the owner about he it laughs, apparently the dog has locked him out of his truck on more than one occasion. Darn dogs lol.

#15 ·
Roxy did that to me once....it's kind of scary at first....then have to laugh. Mine was the sliding glass door and I heard the latch go down..and looked to see the goofy shepherd grin from the other side...I first got in a panic but then remembered I always leave at least 1 other door open. JUST IN CASE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.