German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Counting days..15 to go !! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/459337-counting-days-15-go.html)

Ace GSD 06-11-2014 08:52 AM

Counting days..15 to go !!

Yup tittle says it all 15 more days until i can actually live with my boy Ace.

Ace came home with me 3 weeks ago on Wednesday we had a welcome home party in my apartment.I had my sister, her husband and 2 kids also some friends to welcome home my new puppy. Everything was great , at night Ace didn't even cry . I turned off the light go in my room and he just fell asleep.

The next day , i was taking out Ace to pee and head to the leasing office to get my pet listed. It was my mistake that before i took my puppy home i only check the website and it only says 75 lbs weight limit. So the manager told me that GSD is restricted and he has to go in 24 hours. I was really sad ...i dont think i can take him back to the breeder.

I get online and search for pet friendly apartment.. got 1 !!!
So me and my GF went there and applied for 1 year lease. They only ban pits and rotties but there is a 50 lbs weight limit that they enforce only when renter sign contract. I explained to them that Ace will grow over 80 lbs. The lady that was helping me said its ok she wont tell anyone about it.So we went back to home and cancel our 6 month lease that we just renewed 2 weeks ago that will start on June. They said we need to give them 30 days to give time to put the property back in market, i said fair enough.

I needed to find a place for Ace... i asked co workers and friends. My co worker told me he can give Ace a place to stay until we can move to our new place yay !!! The only thing i'm worried is that he have a big Husky in the back yard and a maltese indoor ( i'm not worried bout the maltese).Also that my dog will live outdoor before he is done with his vaccination..then the mosquito...heat and the rain...and the fact that he live 11 miles away but i have no choice for now.

I dropped him there the next day and stay with him to make sure everything is okay...the big dog is very friendly ! Maybe he knows its just a puppy ( Unlike that leasing office ). I see ace everyday , pick him up and go to the park and chill there until work time then 2 days later another co-worker offer me help and he live closer to my place ..NICE ! And i moved Ace there.

Now he still live there and i still pick him up every day to hang out in the park with me until work time. Sometime i come at night take him home with me and return him back.. my co-worker sleep really late.
Every Wednesday i spend 12 hours with Ace cause the family babysit a 7 y/o with allergies to animal fur so he cant be there and i cant bring him home because he is restricted even for a visit. And that is where i'm going now to pick Ace up in 5 minutes.

Ellimaybel 06-11-2014 09:36 AM

Wow... I hear so many stories of property managers and landlords doing things that I've never had an issue with. I moved Gunther into our apartment without a pet deposit or limits on weight because we were moving and the property manager had no issues or arguments with that. I don't see why your pup can't stay with you until either 1. you move or 2. he reaches the max weight allowed. Right now he's not at that weight so I don't think they can force you to get rid of him, especially once you've given 30 day notice that you're moving out before the dog reaches that weight. Eh, regardless, happy to hear you're reuniting with your puppy. I would be worried about the outdoor thing too... I refused to let Gunther go out at all before he had his vaccines. But parvo is high in my area.

K9Apex 06-11-2014 04:02 PM

The thing is your puppy wont be over the weight limit up until your Lease is up. You could have saved yourself the trouble by stating that an informing them you will move before he hits that weight threshold.

You gave yourself added stress due to not playing around the rules.

Ace GSD 06-11-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Apex (Post 5630169)
The thing is your puppy wont be over the weight limit up until your Lease is up. You could have saved yourself the trouble by stating that an informing them you will move before he hits that weight threshold.

You gave yourself added stress due to not playing around the rules.

The manager told me GSD is restricted and that the puppy has to go in 24 hours

Ellimaybel 06-11-2014 05:08 PM

I missed that part too. Apologies for sounding like I knew the answer. Is there any way that this co-worker could have a place for him that he won't be able to get into wild animal feces? Maybe if you provided a crate or something? I would be more concerned with what the puppy could get into outside than just with the husky. Just wondering.

Ace GSD 06-11-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellimaybel (Post 5630473)
I missed that part too. Apologies for sounding like I knew the answer. Is there any way that this co-worker could have a place for him that he won't be able to get into wild animal feces? Maybe if you provided a crate or something? I would be more concerned with what the puppy could get into outside than just with the husky. Just wondering.

Apology not needed really .
I forgot to mention actualy the second co-worker live in apartment so he been living indoor for a while now... Just 2 nights outside :) thanks for your concern.
Been with Ace outside for 8 hrs now im exhausted. 4 more hours to go till my co-worker home. The puppy is sleeping next to me now.

Ace GSD 06-22-2014 02:22 AM

4 days to go and i am cruisin the night with Ace atm @ 2Am Est. Cant wait till he get bigger. Ud feel a little more safe gehe

Ellimaybel 06-22-2014 12:10 PM

And the countdown continues! Seems like it should be here and I'm not even the one waiting lol

Ace GSD 06-26-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellimaybel (Post 5675329)
And the countdown continues! Seems like it should be here and I'm not even the one waiting lol

Hahahah and the wait is over :) baby Ace finaly coming home with us. I am on the way to pick him up now .

misslesleedavis1 06-26-2014 04:25 PM

Wooooo!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App